Vinayaka Missions Medical College Pondicherry is one of the famous medical colleges of Pondicherry (Tamilnadu). It was established in the year 1996 and covers an area of 70 Acres. This medical college is also known as VMMC Pondicherry. It has all the facilities and a beautiful infrastructure in an eco-friendly campus. Students can get admission here in MBBS and MD/MS streams of VMMC Pondicherry Courses. This medical college is managed by Vinayaka Missions Charitable trust. VMMC Pondicherry is affiliated with the Vinayaka Missions University, Salem. This university is a private deemed university, that was established in the year 1981 and has NAAC grading. VMMC has approval from the Medical Council of India.
[formidable id=”1″ title=”1″]
Students, who want to the courses offered by VMMC Pondicherry, must-have information about Fee structure, admission process, admission eligibility criteria, counselling process and other information about the College.
VMMC Pondicherry Summary
|Name of Medical College||Vinayaka Missions Medical College Pondicherry|
|Popular Name||VMMC Pondicherry, VMMC Karaikal|
|Year of Establishment||1996|
|Affiliated to||Vinayaka Missions University (Deemed), Salem|
|Approved by||Medical Council Of India|
|Types of Courses||MBBS
|Official Website of College||http://VMMC.ac.in|
|Hostels||Separate for Boys and Girls|
|Admission Exam||NEET UG and NEET PG 2020|
|Campus Size||70 Acres|
Infrastructure and Atmosphere of VMMC Pondicherry
Vinayaka Missions Medical College Pondicherry has an experienced teaching team that is focused for student’s knowledge enhancement. They provide theoretical and practical both knowledge to students. This medical college is has an eco-friendly campus that covers an area of 70 Acres. Also, college has all the mandatory resources. Students who want to get admission in VMMC Pondicherry needs to fulfill the admission eligibility criteria.
Vinayaka Missions Medical College Pondicherry Courses
Vinayaka Missions Medical College Pondicherry offers MBBS course with duration of 4.5 years excluding one year internship from an affiliated hospital. Students need to have a certificate of the internship. MBBS admission is only invited when a student fulfills the admission eligibility criteria and pass the NEET UG exam with score equal to VMMC Pondicherry cutoff marks. 100 students can get enroll in an MBBS academic session.
|Undergraduate Course||Intake||Course duration|
|MBBS (Bachelors in Medicine and Bachelors in Surgery)||100||5.5 Years including one year training or internship (Mandatory)|
Post Graduate Courses in VMMC Pondicherry
|PG Courses||Intakes for All india Students||Course Duration||Approval from|
|MD in Radio-Diagnosis||4||3 Years||Medical Council Of India (MCI)|
|MD in Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy||4||3 Years||MCI|
|MD in Paediatrics||4||3 Years||MCI|
|MD in General Medicine||7||3 Years||MCI|
|MD in Psychiatry||1||3 Years||MCI|
|MD in Anaesthesiology||8||3 Years||MCI|
|MD in Emergency Medicine||2||3 Years||MCI|
|MD in Immuno Haematology & Blood Transfusion||2||3 Years||MCI|
|MS in Obstetrics & Gynaecology||4||3 Years||MCI|
|MS in Orthopaedics||6||3 Years||MCI|
|MS in General Surgery||4||3 Years||MCI|
|MS in Ophthalmology||3||3 Years||MCI|
|MS in E.N.T||3||3 Years||MCI|
|MD in Anatomy||2||3 Years||MCI|
|MD in Pharmacology||2||3 Years||MCI|
|MD in Microbiology||4||3 Years||MCI|
|MD in Bio-Chemistry||3||3 Years||MCI|
|MD in Physiology||2||3 Years||MCI|
Vinayaka Missions Medical College Pondicherry Fee Structure
|MBBS (Year)||Fee Structure|
|1st Year||1,858,550 INR|
|2nd Year||1,845,050 INR|
|3rd Year||1,845,050 INR|
|4th Year||1,845,050 INR|
|5th Year||1,845,050 INR|
|Total MBBS fee in VMMC Pondicherry||9,238,750 INR|
|For NRI students||40,000 US dollar/ year|
At the time of admission, students must have to pay 1,858,550 INR. This fee includes registration fee, admission fee and one year Medical fees. For Hostel accommodation, fee will be paid separately.
VMMC Pondicherry Post Graduate Courses fee structure
|Post Graduation Courses||Fee (Annually)|
|MD in Radio-Diagnosis||38,12,000 INR|
|MD in Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy||38,12,000 INR|
|MD in Paediatrics||38,12,000 INR|
|MD in General Medicine||33,12,000 INR|
|MD in Psychiatry||23,12,000 INR|
|MD in Anaesthesiology||23,12,000 INR|
|MD in Emergency Medicine||23,12,000 INR|
|MD in Immuno Haematology & Blood Transfusion||13,12,000 INR|
|MS in Obstetrics & Gynaecology||38,12,000 INR|
|MS in Orthopaedics||38,12,000 INR|
|MS in General Surgery||38,12,000 INR|
|MS in Ophthalmology||28,12,000 INR|
|MS in E.N.T||28,12,000 INR|
|MD in Anatomy||4,00,000 INR|
|MD in Pharmacology||5,00,000 INR|
|MD in Microbiology||5,00,000 INR|
|MD in Bio-Chemistry||4,00,000 INR|
|MD in Physiology||4,00,000 INR|
Scholarship program In Vinayaka Missions Medical College Pondicherry
Students who are brilliant in studies may get a scholarship on the basis of their study performance. Also, students who are poor to pay fee may get scholarship. Students either get financial award or fee concession. However, its totally depends upon the college administration that who they choose for it.
- Brilliant and Talented students on the basis of their study performance
- Poor students may get fee concession
- State or Central government scholarship programs
Vinayaka Missions Medical College Pondicherry Admission 2020
Students who want o get admission in Vinayaka Missions Medical college Pondicherry must have to follow the admission process that includes an Entrance exam, admission eligibility criteria and so on. It is mandatory for admission that eligibility criteria are to be fulfilled by the students who wish to enrol in any course offered by the college. Students must have to apply and pass the NEET exam. It is like an entrance exam to get admission in any medical college in India. If they score well in this exam, defiantly it will help students to get a better seat in good colleges.
- Students need to apply for NEET-UG exam 2020 by visiting the official website.
- Fill the details and pay the application fee online. Don’t forget to get a hard copy for it
- Appear for the exam after downloading the admit card
- Pass the exam with good marks and get register for counselling
- Students Can register by the official website for NEET Counselling
- Pay the counselling fee online (Net banking, credit or debit card) and take a printout
- You will get a seat and you need to appear at the college campus with required documents for admission in the given deadline.
- PG aspirants who want to get admission in PG courses need to apply for NEET PG 2020 exam.
- Pay the fee of NEET PG exam and take a printout of fee payment or payment receipt.
- Download the admit card for the exam and appear in the exam at the centre
- Qualify the exam with a good score. High scores will help you to get admission in your favourite branch.
- Next step is to register for counselling. NEET PG counselling reiteration will be on the official website of Medical Council Committee. Website is mcc.nic.in
- Counselling fee will be paid by the students by online method (Net banking, Credit Card or debit card) and Don’t forget to get a receipt from the printout.
- Students can get admission after seat allotment. They need to appear at a college campus with a required document for admission.
Admission Eligibility Criteria for Vinayaka Missions Medical College Pondicherry Admission
Admission eligibility criteria is one of important parameter to invite admission in this medical college. Different eligibility for UG and PG courses, students who want to get admission need to fulfil this. NEET exam is a part of admission eligibility, students must have to pass this exam
Eligibility criteria for MBBS
Age Limit- Only those students can apply for MBBS admission in Vinayaka Missions Medical College who have completed 17 years age. They should not be older than 25 years. They are not eligible for MBBS admission.
Academics Qualification– MBBS Aspirants must have passed the 12th board exam with science background and Physics, Biology, Chemistry will be in their subject list. Marks is also important, general category students must have 50% or more marks in 12th board exam. While on the hand, SC/ST/OBC students need to score at least 40% or more in 12th From CBSE, ICSE or state board exam.
NEET UG 2020 Exam- NEET-UG 2020 exam is the main exam to get admission in VMMC Pondicherry. Students must obtain equal or more marks than cutoff marks to get admission.
Eligibility criteria for Postgraduate
A Valid MBBS Degree from MCI approved college– Students must have a valid degree of MBBS from MCI approved medical colleges in India. It is an important eligibility for PG admission in medical college.
Age Limit- At any age students can apply for Postgraduate in medicine. As there is no age limit to apply for NEET PG exam.
One Year of Internship/Training from authorized Hospital- Students must have a training certificate of a fixed duration (one year) from a valid and affiliated hospital by the government.
Vinayaka Missions Medical College Pondicherry Cutoff Marks
Students must have to obtain marks equal to or more than cutoff marks. As good marks students will have in NEET exams, they will get seat according to their choices.
MBBS Cutoff Marks
- MBBS Aspirants need to apply for NEET UG 2020 exam and obtain good marks in exam to get seat of their choice in good college.
- SC/ST/OBC category students need to score at least 40th percentile and General Category students must have 50th percentile or more in NEET UG exam.
|Category of students||Qualifying Percentile||Cutoff scores|
|General (physical Handicapped)||45th Percentile||133-120|
|OBC/SC/ST (physical Handicapped)||40th Percentile||133-107|
NEET PG 2020 Cutoff
Post Graduation in any subject makes you knowledgeable in that subject. Students who want to get admission in various PG courses offered by the Vinayaka Missions Medical College Pondicherry must have to apply and pass the NEET PG exam 2020. Candidates who got equal or above marks than NEET PG cutoff will get seat allotment according to their marks. General category students must have 50th percentile or more to get PG admission seat.
NEET PG cutoff of last Year
|Category||Qualify Criteria||Cut-off (Required)||Revised qualifying criteria||Revised cutoff|
|General||50th Percentile||340||44th Percentile||313|
|Persons with Disability (UR)||45th Percentile||317||39th Percentile||291|
|SC/ST/OBC||40th Percentile||295||34th Percentile||270|
Counselling Process for Vinayaka Missions Medical College Pondicherry
It is important for medical admission in any Medical College. Either for UG courses or PG courses. Students need to register for NEET Counselling 2020 online. Medical admission will be according to the seat allotment results published by the conducting body.
For Undergraduate Counselling (MBBS) for VMMC Pondicherry
- Register online- Students need to register for NEET UG Counselling 2020.
- Choice Selection- Students can select Courses and college during registration according to preferences.
- Seat allotment- Students who scored well according to cutoff marks, will get seat first round of seat allotment.
- Reporting and admission- Selected students will be asked to report at college with required documents for admission process.
- Second Round registration- Remaining of the Students need to register them again.
- Choice filling for second round- Fill the choices according to preferences for second round of seat allotment.
- Second Round of seat allotment- Desired students can get seats in second round of seat allotment.
- Admission process for Final Round- Students who got seat after final round of seat allotment (second round) need to present at the college campus with required documents in the given deadlines for admission.
Post Graduate Counselling for VMMC Pondicherry
- Registration online- For NEET PG counselling Students are required to register themselves on the official website of Medical Council Committee The website is mcc.mic.in
- Choice Feeling- Students can choose their choice related to course and college according to their preferences at the time of registration
- Seat allotment for First Round- Selected students, who obtained good marks in NEET PG exam 2020, will get a seat in First round of seat allotment on the basis of cutoff marks.
- Admission and Reporting at college- Students who got seat need to report at a college campus with required documents for admission within the deadlines.
- Second round registration- Again, students need to register for vacant seats after the first round on the official website of Medical Council Committee.
- Second-round choice filling- Students will be asked to choose their choices in remaining seats.
- Second round of Seat allotment- Student may get seat according to their choices on the basis of their marks after second round of seat allotment.
- Admission and reporting at college- At the final step, students who got a seat in seat allotment (second round), have to report at a college campus with required documents for admission.
Required documents for UG admission in VMMC Pondicherry
- Mark sheets of School board exams (10th and 12th) from any valid board like ICSE, CBSE or state board.
- Admit card of NEET UG exam 2020
- Scorecard of NEET PG 2020
- Birth certificate of the Candidate
- Photo ID card issued by Government (Aadhar Card, Passport, Driving License etc.)
- Recent passport Size Photographs, at least 8 Copies (Colored)
- Caste Certificate (if Required)
Required Documents for PG admission in VMMC Pondicherry
- MBBS Certificate from a Valid Medical College that have approval from the Medical Council of India (MCI)
- Certificate from Medical Council of India
- Training certificate from an affiliate institution
- Copy of online counseling certification
- Photo Identity Card issued by govt. (Aadhar Card, Passport, Driving License etc)
- Recent passport Size Photographs (at least 8)
- NEET PG 2020 Score Card and Admit Card
- Caste Certificate (if Required)
- Birth Certificate of PG candidate
Hostel fee in Vinayaka Missions Medical College Pondicherry
Students must pay around 1,05,000 to 1,35,000 INR as hostel fee. This fee includes the mess fee. However, students need to pay security fee 50,000 INR. The security money will be paid only one time and its refundable.
|Hostel Accommodation||For Boys and Girls (Separate)|
|Fees for Double sharing A/C room||1,10,000 INR monthly|
|Fees for Double sharing non A/C room||75,000 INR|
|Mess Fee||30,000 INR|
|Refundable Deposit||50,000 INR|
Facilities and amenities inside the campus
- Medical Facilities
- Anti Raging Campus
- Wi-fi Campus
- 24 hrs security
- CCTV cameras
- Computer Labs
- Sports complex (Indoor and outdoor games)
- Student’s Corner