SRM University which is formally known as the Shri Ramaswamy Memorial Institute of technology is basically the technical or an engineering university. It is located in the Southern region of India and today in this article we are basically going to discuss about the SRM University eligibility criteria for the students, who are seeking their admission into this University.
SRMJEEE Eligibility Criteria
SRMJEEE eligibility criteria 2019 is the significant criteria which has to be qualified by all those students, who are looking forward for their admission into this University. SRMJEE is basically the entrance exam of the SRM University, and here below we are going to explain the eligibility criteria of this exam in a detailed manner.
We urge you to go through all the sections of this article in order to be aware with the respective eligibility criteria.
Eligibility Criteria for General Students
If you belong to the general category of the various Indian communities then here below we are listing down the SRM University eligibility criteria of the SRMJEEE exam.
- Candidate must be an Indian citizen as there is the different eligibility criteria for the foreign or the NRI students.
- The minimum age of the applicant must be of 16 years as on july 31 and year 2019.
- The birth year of the candidate must be between year 1998 to 2003.
Candidates who are willing to seek admission into the B.Tech program of the
University must have passed out 10+2 exam.
- The 10+2 exam must have been passed by the students with the compulsory subjects of the physics, chemistry and mathmatics with the minimum passing percentage for the respective campus of the University.
- Candidates who are appearing or have appeared in the 10+2 exam of the 2019 year can also apply for the SRMJEEE exam.
- If candidates are seeking admission into the biotechnology/biomedical/generic engineering program of the University then candidate can choose either of the mathmatics or the biology subjects.
Eligibility Criteria for OBC Students
There is not the much difference in the eligibility criteria of the SRMJEE exam be it the SC/ST/OBC or the general category as the eligibility criteria is same for all the communities.
Here below we are listing the SRM eligibility criteria for the OBC students as well.
- Candidate must be of the minimum 17 years age and an Indian student.
- Candidate must have passed out the 10+2 examination from the recognized board of studies in the compulsory subjects of physics,chemistry and mathmatics for all B.Tech programs.
- Candidates who want to study the biotechnology course from the SRM University may choose biology as a compulsory subjects instead of the mathmatics.
- If candidate has passed out the 10+2 exam from the NIOS board then in such case as well the candidate can apply for the SRMJEEE exam.
- The minimum passing percentage in the 10+2 exam is depending upon the respective campus of the University where the candidate is seeking admission.
Eligibility Criteria for SC Students
We generally see the communities quota wise relaxation in the majority of the University’s entrance exam for the respective communities of SC/ST or the OBC community. You would be glad to know that there is no as such relaxation in the eligibility criteria of the SRM University.
For example if you want to know the SRM University MBA eligibility criteria then you would be required to follow the same criteria irrespective whether you belong to the general category or to the SC category.
For SRMJEE eligibility criteria you can check out the same eligibility criteria as has been mentioned in the above sections of the article. If you want to check the course wise specific eligibility criteria then you can check it on the Google at the website of the University.
Eligibility Criteria for ST Students
Well, in the honest and straightforward words there is no any kind of relaxation in the eligibility criteria of the SRM University in the SRMJEEE exam. Candidates are required to fullfill the universal eligibility criteria of the SRMJEE exam which is equal for all the respective communities.
You can check the SRMJEEE exam eligibility criteria of the University in the above sections of the article since there is no change in the eligibility criteria. Further if you want to know about the SRM University BCA eligibility criteria then we urge you to visit the official website of the University, and check out the respective course wise eligibility criteria.
Eligibility Criteria for NRI’s and Foreign Students
There are the plenty of the foreign or the NRI students who want to appear in the SRMJEE exam and thus they are willing to now the SRM University eligibility.
Here below we are listing the eligibility criteria for such students.
- The foreign candidates can only study into the SRM University only on the students visa.
- Candidate must have passed out the 10+2 examination in the medium of english and the compulsory science subjects of the respective country.
- The minimum age of the candidate must be 16 years at the time of examination.
- There are 15% seats reserved for the foreign and the NRI students under the international students quota.
- Admission for the foreign students also will be based on the merit of the SRMJEE exam and the course wise eligibility criteria.
Here below we are mentioning the campuses wise minimum passing percentage for the students in the 10+2 exam of their respective boards.
|Name of Campus||PCM Minimum Passing Percentage||PCB Minimum Passing Percentage|
SRMJEE Eligibility Criteria 2019- Documents Required
There are the certain documents which are required at the time of the SRMJEEE eligibility phase. Here below we are providing you the list of all those documents for your concern.
- The letter of SRMJEEE counselling
- Exam hall ticket for the respective year exam.
- Class 10th and 12th marksheets.
- A demand draft in the favour of the University at the time of counselling.
Candidates can also seek the direct admission as per the direct admission process of the SRM University. Here below we are specifying the students who are eligible for the direct admission.
- The top rankholders of the Tamilnadu state.
- All the students who have secured the first rank in the exams of state or the central boards examination.
- Top 100 rankholders of the JEE mains exams.
- Some other international sportpersons are also eligible for the direct admission.