Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute Chennai is a reputed Medical Colleges in Tamilnadu. It is also known as SRMCRI Chennai and founded in the year 1985. This famous medical college is situated in the urban area of Chennai, Tamilnadu. SRMCRI Chennai is affiliated with Sri Ramachandra University (Private Deemed University) and approved by the Medical Council of India.
This article covers all the topic related to Sri Ramachandra Medical College Chennai like Courses, fee structure, admission process, admission eligibility criteria, cutoff marks, counselling process, Hostel fee, hostel facilities etc.
Sri Ramachandra Medical College Chennai Summary
|Full Name of College||Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute Chennai|
|Also Known as||SRMCRI Chennai|
|Location||Chennai , Tamilnadu|
|College Type||Private College|
|Affiliated with||Sri Ramachandra University (Private Deemed University)|
|Approved by||Medical Council of India (MCI)|
|Types of Courses||MBBS
MS,DM, MD, M.ch
|Official Website of College||http://www.sriramachandra.edu.in|
|Hostels||Separate for Boys and Girls|
|Admission Exam||NEET UG and PG 2020|
|Campus Size||175 Acres|
Sri Ramachandra Medical College Chennai Courses
Sri Ramachandra Medical College UG course
Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute Chennai offers an MBBS course with a duration of 5.5 years. This duration includes the internship duration from a hospital. This training program is mandatory to complete by every student. It is important that students fulfil the admission eligibility criteria for MBBS admission. 250 students can take admission in one session.
|Undergraduate Course||Intake||Course duration|
|MBBS (Bachelors in Medicine and Bachelors in Surgery)||250||5.5 Years including one-year training or internship (Mandatory)|
Sri Ramachandra Medical College Post Graduation Courses
|PG Courses||Intake||Duration||Approval From|
|MD IN Anatomy||6||3 years||MCI|
|MD IN Physiology||5||3 years||MCI|
|MD IN Biochemistry||4||3 years||MCI|
|MD IN Pathology||10||3 years||MCI|
|MD IN Microbiology||6||3 years||MCI|
|MD IN Pharmacology||6||3 years||MCI|
|MD IN Community Medicine||‘4||3 years||MCI|
|MD IN Immuno Haematology & Blood Transfusion||2||3 years||MCI|
|MD IN Forensic Medicine||2||3 years||MCI|
|MD IN General Medicine||24||3 years||MCI|
|MD IN Paediatrics||12||3 years||MCI|
|MD IN Anaesthesiology||12||3 years||MCI|
|MD IN Radio-Diagnosis||12||3 years||MCI|
|MD IN Dermatology, Venereology and Leprosy||6||3 years||MCI|
|MD IN Psychiatry||4||3 years||MCI|
|MD IN Respiratory Medicine||6||3 years||MCI|
|MD IN Sports Medicine||2||3 years||MCI|
|MD IN Emergency Medicine||2||3 years||MCI|
|MS IN General Surgery||16||3 years||MCI|
|MS IN Orthopaedics||18||3 years||MCI|
|MS IN Obstetrics & Gynaecology||16||3 years||MCI|
|MS IN Otorhinolaryngology||8||3 years||MCI|
|MS IN Ophthalmology||6||3 years||MCI|
|M.ch in Urology||6||3 years||MCI|
|M.ch in Neurosurgery||3||3 years||MCI|
|M.ch in Cardio vascular||2||3 years||MCI|
|M.ch in Neurosurgery Six years||2||6 years||MCI|
|M.ch in Reproductive Medicine and Surgery||2||3 years||MCI|
|M.ch in Plastic and Reconstructive surgery||2||3 years||MCI|
|M.Ch in Surgical Gastroenterology||2||3 Years||MCI|
|M.ch in Surgical oncology||2||3 years||MCI|
|M.Ch. in Hand Surgery||1||3 years||MCI|
|M.Ch in pediatric||1||3 years||MCI|
|M.Ch in Vascular Surgery||1||3 years||MCI|
|DM in Cardiology||2||3 years||MCI|
|DM in Medical Gastroenterology||2||3 years||MCI|
|DM in Nephrology||2||3 Years||MCI|
|DM in Neurology||2||3 years||MCI|
|DM in Cardiac Anesthesiology||2||3 years||MCI|
|DM in Clinical Immunology and Rheumatology||2||3 years||MCI|
|DM in Critical care medicine||2||3 years||MCI|
|DM in Endocrinology||2||3 years||MCI|
|DM in Hepatology||2||3 years||MCI|
|DM in Neonatology||2||3 Years||MCI|
|DM in Oncology||2||3 years||MCI|
|DM in Reproductive Medicine||2||3 years||MCI|
|DM in Neuroradiology||2||3 years||MCI|
Infrastructure and Teaching atmosphere of SRMCRI Chennai
Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute Chennai has a beautiful campus in the urban area of Chennai. It has an experienced teaching team and non-teaching staffs. The college has all the mandatory resources to provide quality study in the field of medicine. Teachers are focused to help students to solve their study doubts. The campus covers an area of 175 acres. All the facilities are available here for students including sporting complex, advanced labs and library.
Sri Ramachandra Medical College Chennai Fee Structure
Sri Ramachandra Medical College MBBS Fee Structure
|MBBS (Year)||Fee Structure|
|1st Year||2,200,000 INR|
|2nd Year||2,200,000 INR|
|3rd Year||2,200,000 INR|
|4th Year||2,200,000 INR|
|5th Year||2,200,000 INR|
|Total MBBS fee||11,000,000 INR|
|For NRI students||—- US dollar/ year|
Students who are getting enrolled in this medical college note this thing that above mentioned fee if only tuition fee of the college. At the time of admission, some other fees are needed to be paid by the students. It includes admission fee, university registration fee, hostel fee, security deposit and etc.
Sri Ramachandra Medical College Post Graduate Courses fee
|PG Courses||Annual Fee|
|MD in Anatomy||5,00,000 INR|
|MD in Physiology||5,00,000 INR|
|MD in Biochemistry||5,00,000 INR|
|MD in Pathology||10,00,000 INR|
|MD in Microbiology||7,00,000 INR|
|MD in Pharmacology||7,00,000 INR|
|MD in Community Medicine||8,00,000 INR|
|MD in Forensic Medicine||7,00,000 INR|
|MD in Immuno Haematology & Blood Transfusion||8,00,000 INR|
|MD in Respiratory Medicine||20,00,000 INR|
|MD in General Medicine||20,00,000 INR|
|MD in Paediatrics||20,00,000 INR|
|MD in Anaesthesiology||20,00,000 INR|
|MD in Radio-Diagnosis||20,00,000 INR|
|MD in Dermatology, Venereology and Leprosy||20,00,000 INR|
|MD in Psychiatry||20,00,000 INR|
|MD in Sports Medicine||20,00,000 INR|
|MD in Emergency Medicine||20,00,000 INR|
|MS in General Surgery||20,00,000 INR|
|MS in Orthopaedics||20,00,000 INR|
|MS in Obstetrics & Gynaecology||20,00,000 INR|
|MS in Otorhinolaryngology||20,00,000 INR|
|MS in Ophthalmology||20,00,000 INR|
|M.ch in Neurosurgery||22,00,000 INR|
|M.ch in Cardio vascular||22,00,000 INR|
|M.ch in Neurosurgery Six years||22,00,000 INR|
|M.ch in Reproductive Medicine and Surgery||22,00,000 INR|
|M.ch in Plastic and Reconstructive surgery||22,00,000 INR|
|M.ch in Surgical Gastroenterology||22,00,000 INR|
|M.ch in Surgical oncology||22,00,000 INR|
|M.ch. in Hand Surgery||22,00,000 INR|
|M.ch in pediatric||22,00,000 INR|
|M.ch in Vascular Surgery||22,00,000 INR|
|DM in Cardiology||22,00,000 INR|
|DM in Medical Gastroenterology||22,00,000 INR|
|DM in Nephrology||22,00,000 INR|
|DM in Neurology||22,00,000 INR|
|DM in Cardiac Anesthesiology||22,00,000 INR|
|DM in Clinical Immunology and Rheumatology||22,00,000 INR|
|DM in Critical care medicine||22,00,000 INR|
|DM in Endocrinology||22,00,000 INR|
|DM in Hepatology||22,00,000 INR|
|DM in Neonatology||22,00,000 INR|
|DM in Oncology||22,00,000 INR|
|DM in Reproductive Medicine||22,00,000 INR|
|DM in Neuroradiology||22,00,000 INR|
Scholarship Programs in Sri Ramachandra Medical College Chennai
This medical college offers scholarship to those students who are studying here. Students who are brilliant and great in studies may get a scholarship by this medical institute. Students who belong to the low economical family may get a scholarship in the form of fee concession. The College administration will decide which student will get a scholarship. It will be offered in the beginning of the academic session. Here are the categories through students can get a scholarship.
- Intelligent Students may get a scholarship on the basis of their academics
- Poor students on the basis of their financial conditions
- Students can also get scholarship under the scheme running by the Central or state government
SRMCRI Chennai Admission 2020
SRMCRI admission will be invited by the Students must have to fulfill the admission eligibility criteria. Students must have to apply for NEET exams and obtain the Cutoff marks. Students who scored good can get seat in this medical college.
Process to apply for MBBS admission
- The very first thing, Students must have to fill the form of NEET-UG exam
- Visit the official website of the National Testing Agency (NTA). The website is https://ntaneet.nic.in/ntaneet/welcome.aspx
- Prepare hard for the exam and gain marks equal or more than NEET cutoff of that year.
- In the next step, students need to register for NEET UG Counselling visiting the official website.
- Now Pay the NEET UG counselling fee online by using Net Banking/Debit Card/Credit Card
- Seat will be allotted you if you deserve it (Got enough marks to get a medical seat).
- Now selected students must have to report at a college campus for admission process
Admission process for Post Graduate Courses
- Students who have an MBBS degree from an MCI approved medical college can apply for PG admission in Medical colleges
- Students need to visit the official website of National Board of examination to register them.
- Students must have completed a one-year internship from a valid hospital
- Apply for NEET PG exam online and appear in the exam
- Make sure you have scored well in NEET-PG exams
- In the next step of NEET-PG results, students must have registered for NEET PG counselling 2020 by visiting the official website.
- Pay the counselling fee online by using Net banking and Debit card/Credit card
- Now if you got seat then you must have to report at a college campus
- Don’t forget to carry the required documents for admission at reporting in college
Sri Ramachandra Medical College Admission Eligibility Criteria
Sri Ramachandra Medical College and research Institute is a well named college in Tamilnadu State. Students who want to enroll in different courses offered by this medical college students need to fulfill the admission eligibility criteria.
MBBS admission 2020
Age Limit- MBBS Applicant must have completed the 17 year age and not more than 25 years age.
Academics Qualification- the basic educational qualification is 12th board. Students must have passed the 12th board exam from a valid board (CBSE, ICSE State board).
Required Marks- SC/ST/OBC category students need only 40% marks in 12th board. Whereas, General category students must obtain 50% marks in 12th board. Biology should be main subject in 12th including Physics and Chemistry.
NEET UG Exam 2020- Students can now apply for NEET exams. It is important that students must have passed this exam to get a medical admission.
Sri Ramachandra Medical College Post Graduate courses eligibility
NEET PG– Just like UG admission, Students must have to pass the NEET PG exam to get admission. If a student gets fail in this exam then there is no option that He/she will get admission in any medical college.
Valid MBBS Degree – Only those students can apply for PG admission that have an MBBS degree from a valid Medical college in India. Approved by the Medical Council of India.
One Year Internship- Internship or training certificate is important. Students must have completed one year training from an affiliated medical college.
Sri Ramachandra Medical College Cutoff Marks
Cutoff marks play an important role in Medical admission. Selection board prepares the merit list on the basis of Cutoff marks. Every Year many students seat in the exam of NEET PG. Only some of them manage to get marks equal to Cutoff marks. As many good marks, you will get it becomes an advantage for you.
NEET UG Cutoff expected
- This year may be a Cutoff increase in the comparison of last year.
- SC/ST/OBC Candidates are eligible if they obtain 40 percentile marks in NEET UG exam to get enrol in MBBS, BDS, and other undergraduate courses.
- General Category students must obtain at least 50 percentile marks in NEET UG exam.
|Category||Qualifying Percentile||Cutoff scores|
Sri Ramachandra Medical College Post Graduation cutoff marks
To get admission in Post-graduation courses offered by the Sri Ramachandran Medical College and Research Institute Chennai, students who have obtained marks equal to cutoff. It helps the selection body to choose deserving candidates for admission
|Persons with Disability||317||39th Percentile||291|
Sri Ramachandra Medical College Chennai Counselling process
For Counselling process, students must have to register through the official website. For state-level counselling, students must have to visit Directorate of Medical Education, Tamilnadu and do the registration. Registration for NEET-UG and NEET PG will be conducted separately.
Neet UG counselling
- Candidate Registration- Log in to the official website for NEET-UG counselling and register yourself.
- Choice Filling- Student can choose courses and colleges according to their interest if they want. Choice filling will be done during registration they can choose it.
- Seat Allotment For first-round- Students who got good marks in NEET exam will get a seat in first round of Seat Allotment.
- Reporting at college- Students who got seat after the results of seat allotment, can now proceed for admission process. Now they will be ordered to report at college campus with required documents for admission.
- Registration for second round- Register again if you have not got seat in first round. Process is same just like first round.
- Choice filling for second round- Similar to first round, students can fill their choices from the vacant options.
- Seat Allotment of second round- Similar to first round seat allotment
- Reporting at college campus– Students who have got seat after seat allotment now report at college campus within the given deadline. It is also important that students must carry the required document for admission (Marksheets, certificate and admission invitation letter)
Students who are seeking for admission in post gradation courses offered by the Sri Ramachandran Medical College and Research Centre, Chennai must have to register online on the website of Medical Council Committee online.
- Registration for first-round- Visit the official website of Medical Council Committee and register self. Official Website is mcc.nic.in , Don’t forget to download it (registration copy).
- Choice filling- Students can select the courses and college according their choices at the time of registration.
- Seat allotment- Students who are topper will get seat in the first round of Seat allotment. If you are from reservation quota then it will be more benefits.
- Admission Reporting- After getting seat allotment letter, students need to report at college campus for admission process with required documents for admission.
- Second round of seat allotment- If somehow, you did not get seat then register again. Process is same like first round.
- Choice filling (second round)- Students can choose courses and college of their choices from the vacant seats.
- Seat allotment of second round- Deserving candidates will get seat on the basis of their marks in NEET PG exam.
- Admission process- Students who got a medical seat can now proceed for the admission process. Keep in mind that it is important that students carry the required documents at the time of reporting at college campus
Required Documents for MBBS Admission
- Class 10th mark sheet
- Class 12th mark sheet
- Birth Certificate of the candidate
- Caste Certificate (If required)
- Physical disabled Certificate (if Required)
- Admit Card of NEET UG exam
- Results or Scorecard of NEET UG exam
- Photo Id Card issued by the government (Could be anything, Aadhar Card, PAN Card etc)
- 8 Passport size photo (Recent)
- Seat allotment Letter (Candidates can download it after seat allotment results)
For Post Graduation Admission
- MBBS Degree or Certificate
- MBBS 3rd part Mark sheet
- Registration Certificate of Medical Council of India or State Medical Council
- Photo ID card issued by the government (Driving Licenses, Aadhar Card or any other)
- NEET PG Admit Card and Score Card
- Copy of Counselling Reiteration Certificate done online by the Medical Council Committee’s official website
- Recent passport sized photograph (At least 8)
Sri Ramachandra Medical College Chennai Hostel Fees
Hostel Facilities are good enough of this medical college. All amenities are present here to help students. Students who are taking admission can accommodate in this college. The hostel fee of this college is 2,00,000 INR annual.
Hostel Facilities inside the campus
- Well equipped class
- Student Cell
- Cafeteria and Mess
- Separate facilities for boys and girls in Hostels
- Anti ragging campus
- Medical Facilities
- Sports Facilities
Frequently Asked Question
I am 16 year old and completed my 12th board from Rajasthan State board, can I sit for the NEET UG exam?
No, you can not sit for the exam. The age limit is at least 17 years and maximum 25 years.