Sri Lakshmi Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences Pondicherry is one of the well-named medical colleges of Pondicherry. It is also known as SLIMS Pondicherry and was established in the year 2006. SLIMS is located in Kudupakkam (Pondicherry) and has all the resources for medical studies. SLIMS has approval from the Medical Council of India. This prestigious medical college is affiliated with the Bharath University, Chennai. This university is a private deemed university, situated in Chennai (Tamilnadu). MBBS and MD/MS study programs are in SLIMS courses and have fixed seats in different streams.
[formidable id=”1″ title=”1″]
Before SLIMS admission students must have knowledge related to courses offered by SLIMS Pondicherry, Fee structure, admission eligibility criteria, admission process, NEET counselling, etc.
Sri Lakshmi Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences Pondicherry Summary
|Full Name of College||Sri Lakshmi Narayana Institute of Medical Science, Pondicherry|
|Also Known as||Lakshmi Narayana Medical college Pondicherry and SLIMS Pondicherry|
|Location||Bharath University Pondicherry|
|College Type||Private College|
|Affiliated with||Bharath University (Deemed) Pondicherry|
|Approved by||Medical Council of India (MCI)|
|Types of Courses||MBBS
|Official Website of College||http://slims.ac.in|
|Hostels||Separate for Boys and Girls|
|Admission Exam||NEET UG and NEET PG 2020|
About Sri Lakshmi Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences Pondicherry Infrastructure and Study Atmosphere
Sri Lakshmi Narayana Institute of Medical Science Pondicherry has a well developed infrastructure. Also, the teaching team of this medical college is highly experienced. They are totally dedicated for student’s knowledge enhancement. Teaching team provides good quality education and help students to gain practical knowledge. Also, students need to complete one year internship from an affiliated hospital after theoretical studies.
Sri Lakshmi Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences Pondicherry Courses
Sri Lakshmi Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences Pondicherry Undergraduate Courses
Sri Lakshmi Narayana Institute of Medical Science Pondicherry offers an MBBS Courses (UG course). The duration of Courses is 5.5 years including a year internship. To get admission in this college students need to fulfill the admission eligibility criteria of SLIMS Pondicherry. 150 students can be enrolled in a session of the course.
|Undergraduate Course||Intake||Course duration|
|MBBS (Bachelors in Medicine and Bachelors in Surgery)||150||5.5 Years including one year training or internship (Mandatory)|
Sri Lakshmi Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences Pondicherry Post Graduate Courses
Students who want to pursue PG in medicine can choose this medical college, as it has a wide range of postgraduate courses.
|PG Courses||Duration||Approved from||Entrance exam|
|MD in Biochemistry||3 Years||Medical Council of India||NEET PG exam|
|MD in Community Medicine||3 Years||Medical Council of India||NEET PG exam|
|MD in Radiology||3 Years||Medical Council of India||NEET PG exam|
|MS in Otorhinolaryngology (ENT)||3 Years||Medical Council of India||NEET PG exam|
|MS in Orthopaedics||3 Years||Medical Council of India||NEET PG exam|
|Dermatology (DVL)||3 Years||Medical Council of India||NEET PG exam|
|MD in Forensic Medicine||3 Years||Medical Council of India||NEET PG exam|
|MD in Pharmacology||3 Years||Medical Council of India||NEET PG exam|
|MD in Physiology||3 Years||Medical Council of India||NEET PG exam|
Sri Lakshmi Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences Pondicherry Fee structure
Fee structure of Sri Lakshmi Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences Pondicherry is an important aspect of admission in Sri Lakshmi Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences Pondicherry . Students can pay this fee in installments of one time.
|MBBS (Year)||Fee Structure|
|1st Year||2,055,000 INR|
|2nd Year||1,950,000 INR|
|3rd Year||1,950,000 INR|
|4th Year||1,950,000 INR|
|5th Year||1,950,000 INR|
|Total MBBS fee in SLIMS Pondicherry||9,850,000 INR|
|For NRI students||50,000 US dollar/ year|
At the time of admission students need to pay 2,055,000 INR as fee. This fee includes one year fee and other fees including the registration and admission fee. If you want to accommodate in college hostel then the fee will increase.
Post Graduate Fee in Sri Lakshmi Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences Pondicherry
|MD in Community Medicine||Rs- 400000 INR|
|MD in Pharmacology||Rs- 300000 INR|
|MD in Physiology||Rs- 300000 INR|
|MD in Radiodiagnosis||Rs- 48,00000 INR|
|MS in Otorhinolaryngology (ENT)||Rs- 32,00000 INR|
|MS in Orthopaedics||Rs- 48,00,000 INR|
|MD in DVL||Rs- 48,00,000 INR|
Sri Lakshmi Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences Pondicherry Scholarship
Student may get financial support in the form of scholarship by the Medical college. Those students who are not able to pay the expensive fee of the course may get fee concession, but it’s up to college administration that they offer you this or not. Except this, talented students can get scholarship in the reward of their performance. Again, its up to college admin, that who they choose for scholarship. If any student is selected for scholarship then he/she will be awarded in the beginning of academics session. Students may get a scholarship on these conditions and schemes
- Merit and brilliant students on the basis of their performance
- Poor students as fee concession
- Scholarship programs by governments (State or Central)
Sri Lakshmi Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences Pondicherry Admission 2020
Students who want to enroll in different courses offered by the Sri Lakhsmi Institute of Medical Science Pondicherry need to fulfill the eligibility. Also, need to follow the process of admission. Students must have to apply for NEET exams and score a good mark in the exam. After counselling they can get admission according to their choice of college. Good marks in NEET exams, will help you to choose seats in YOUR favorite branch after first round of seat allotment.
For MBBS Courses
- Students need to apply for NEET UG 2020 exam. They need to visit on the official website for it.
- Now pay the fee of application of NEET UG 2020. And take
- Also, students must have to pass the exam with good marks. As mentioned above, good marks will help you a lot.
- In the next step, MBBS Aspirants need to register themselves on the official website for NEET UG 2020 Counsellin
- Pay the fee of Counselling by online method (Net Banking, Credit Card, Debit Card etc) and take printout in hard copy.
- If you are deserving candidate then you will be invited for admission at college campus.
- PG aspirants need kto apply for NEET PG 2020 exam.
- Pay the fee of NEET PG exam and take a printout of fee payment or receipt.
- Download the admit card for the exam and appear in the exam
- Pass the exam with a good score in NEET PG 2020. So that you get seat in first round of seat allotment for PG admission.
- Next step is to register. Students must have to register on the official website of Medical Council Committee for NEET PG counseling 2020
- Pay the fee of counseling by online method (Net banking, Credit Card or debit card) and take a receipt from printout.
- Students can get admission after seat allotment
Sri Lakshmi Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences Pondicherry Admission Eligibility Criteria
Students who are seeking admission in Sri Lakhsmi Institute of Medical Sciences Pondicherry must have to fulfill the admission eligibility criteria. Students need to have academic qualification according to asked in criteria. NEET exam is mandatory to pass by students. It’s the entrance exam for admission in medical college.
SLIMS Pondicherry Eligibility criteria for MBBS
- Age Limit- Only those students can apply for MBBS admission in SLIMS who have completed 17 years age. Also, keep in mind that students who are older than 25 years are not eligible for MBBS admission.
- Academics Qualification– MBBS Aspirants must have passed the 12th board exam with science background and Physics, Biology, Chemistry will be in their subject. Marks is also important, general category students must have 50% or more marks in 12th board exam and SC/ST/OBC students need to score at least 40% or more in 12th From CBSE, ICSE or state board exam.
- NEET UG 2020 Exam- NEET UG 2020 exam is the main exam to get admission in Sri Lakshmi Narayana Institute of Medical Science. Students need to apply through the official website and gain equal or more score than Cutoff marks. It is entrance exam of MBBS admission.
- For Post graduate
- A Valid MBBS Degree– Students must have a valid degree of MBBS from MCI approved medical colleges in India. It is an important eligibility for PG admission in medical college.
- Age Limit- At any age students can apply for Postgraduate in medicine. As there is no age limit to apply for NEET PG exam.
- One Year of Internship/Training from authorized Hospital- Students must have a training certificate of a fixed duration (one year) from a valid and affiliated hospital by the government.
Sri Lakshmi Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences Pondicherry Cutoff Marks
Students must have to gain marks equal to or more than cutoff marks. As many good marks you have in NEET exam, it will increase the chances that you will get seat in first round of seat allotment.
SLIMS PondicherryMBBS Cutoff Marks
- MBBS Aspirants need to apply for NEET-UG 2020 exam and score good in the NEET UG 2020 exam to get seat of their choice in good colleges
- SC/ST/OBC category students need to score at least 40th percentile and General Category students must have 50th percentile or more in NEET UG exam.
|Category of students||Qualifying Percentile||Cutoff scores|
|General (physical Handicapped)||45th Percentile||133-120|
|OBC/SC/ST (physical Handicapped)||40th Percentile||133-107|
NEET PG 2020 Cutoff
Students who want to get admission in postgraduate courses offered by the Sri Lakshmi Narayana Medical Science Pondicherry. Students who have scored equal or more marks than NEET PG 2020 cutoff are more deserving students for Medical seat in This well-named college. NEET PG is mandatory exam for PG admission. One can only get admission when he/she pass the exam.. General category students must have 50th percentile or more to get PG admission seat.
NEET PG cutoff of last Year
|Category||Qualify Criteria||Cut-off (Required)||Revised qualifying criteria||Revised cutoff|
|General||50th Percentile||340||44th Percentile||313|
|Persons with Disability (UR)||45th Percentile||317||39th Percentile||291|
|SC/ST/OBC||40th Percentile||295||34th Percentile||270|
Counselling Process for Sri Lakshmi Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences Pondicherry
It is important for medical admission. Either for UG courses or PG courses. Students need to register for NEET Counselling 2020 online. For NEET Counselling, students need to register themselves on the official website. After that seat allotment results will be publish by the conducting bodies.
For Undergraduate Counselling
- Register online- Students need to register for NEET UG Counselling 2020.
- Choice Selection- Students need to choose the course and college according to preferences.
- Seat allotment- Students who scored well according to cutoff marks, may seat in first round of seat allotment.
- Reporting and admission- Students who got selected and offered seat in seat allotment, will be asked to report at college with required documents for admission process.
- Second Round registration- Remaining of the Students need to register them again.
- Choice filling for second round- Fill the choices according to preferences for second round of seat allotment.
- Second Round of seat allotment- Desired students can get seats in second round of seat allotment.
- Admission process for Final Round- Students who got seat after final round of seat allotment (second round) need to present at the college campus with required documents in the given deadlines for admission.
Post Graduate Counselling
- Registration online- For NEET PG counselling Students are required to register themselves on the official website of Medical Council Committee The website is mcc.mic.in
- Choice Feeling- Students can choose their choice related to course and college according to their preferences at the time of registration
- Seat allotment for First Round- Selected students, who obtained good marks in NEET PG exam 2020, will get seat in First round of seat allotment on the basis of cutoff marks.
- Admission and Reporting at college- Students who got seat need to report at college campus with required documents for admission within the deadlines.
- Second round registration- Again, students need to register for vacant seats after first round on the official website of Medical Council Committee.
- Second round choice filling- Students will be asked to choose their choices in remaining seats
- Second round of Seat allotment- Student may get seat according to their choices on the basis of their marks.
- Admission and reporting at college- At the final step, students who got seat in seat allotment (second round), have to report at college campus with required documents.
Required documents for UG admission in Sri Lakshmi Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences Pondicherry
- Mark sheets of School board exams (10th and 12th) from any valid board like ICSE, CBSE or state board.
- Admit card of NEET UG exam 2020
- Scorecard of NEET PG 2020
- Birth certificate of the Candidate
- Photo ID card issued by Government (Aadhar Card, Passport, Driving License etc.)
- Recent passport Size Photographs, at least 8 Copies (Colored)
- Caste Certificate (if Required)
Required Documents for PG admission in Sri Lakshmi Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences Pondicherry
- MBBS Certificate from a Valid Medical College that have approval from the Medical Council of India (MCI)
- Certificate from Medical Council of India
- Training certificate from an affiliate institution
- Copy of online counseling certification
- Photo Identity Card issued by govt. (Aadhar Card, Passport, Driving License etc)
- Recent passport Size Photographs (at least 8)
- NEET PG 2020 Score Card and Admit Card
- Caste Certificate (if Required)
- Birth Certificate of PG candidate
Hostel fee in Sri Lakshmi Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences Pondicherry
Students must pay around 10,500 INR as hostel fee. This monthly hostel fee excluding the mess charges and security fee. The security money will be paid only one time and its refundable.
|Hostel Accommodation||For Boys and Girls (Separate)|
|Fees||10,500 INR monthly|
|Room type||Sharing or private rooms|
Facilities and amenities inside the campus
- Medical Facilities
- Anti Raging Campus
- Wi-fi Campus
- 24 hrs security
- CCTV cameras
- Computer Labs