Sree Balaji Medical College and Hospital Chennai is one of the oldest and trusted names in the medical education industry. Sri Balaji Medical college is also known as SBMCH Chennai. This medical college has a big name in the education field since last 25 years old. It was established in the year 1956 and situated in Chennai.
Sree Balaji Medical College offers different types, of course, related to the medical field. To get admission in this medical college need to fulfil the admission eligibility criteria of that particular course. This prestigious medical college is affiliated by the Bharath University. It is a private deemed university situated in the urban area of Chennai. SBM Chennai has approval from the Medical Council of India.
In this article, you will get all the information about SBMCH courses, fee structure, admission process, admission eligibility criteria, counselling process, cutoff marks, hostel fee, campus facilities and scholarship programs.
[formidable id=”1″ title=”1″]
Sree Balaji Medical College and Hospital Chennai Summary
|Full Name of College||Sree Balaji Medical College and Hospital, Chennai|
|Also Known as||SBMCH Chennai, and Sree Medical College Chennai|
|College Type||Private College|
|Affiliated with||Bharath University (Private Deemed University)|
|Approved by||Medical Council of India (MCI)|
|Types of Courses||MBBS
MS,DM, MD, M.ch
|Official Website of College||http://www.sbmch.ac.in|
|Hostels||Separate for Boys and Girls|
|Admission Exam||NEET UG and PG 2020|
|Campus Size||35 Acres|
Sree Balaji Medical College and Hospital Chennai Infrastructure
Sree Balaji Medical College and Hospital, Chennai is one of the finest private medical colleges in Tamilnadu. Equipped with all the mandatory resources and an experienced staff team (Teaching and Non-teaching), make this college different from others. It is providing education since so long and focused to provide practical training. The infrastructure of this college is impressive and the campus covers an eco-friendly area of 35 Acres.
Sree Balaji Medical College and Hospital Chennai Courses
SBMCH Chennai UG course
Sree Balaji Medical College and Hospital offers MBBS course with a duration of 5.5 years. It includes the training duration also. Those students who are looking for MBBS admission in this medical college must have complete all requirements for it. 250 students can take admission in one session.
|Undergraduate Course||Intake||Course duration|
|MBBS (Bachelors in Medicine and Bachelors in Surgery)||250||5.5 Years including one year training or internship (Mandatory)|
SBMCH Chennai Post Graduate Courses
|PG Courses||Intakes||Approval From||Duration|
|M.D General Medicine||73||MCI||3 years|
|M.D TB & Chest Medicine||73||MCI||3 years|
|M.D Psychiatry||73||MCI||3 years|
|M.D Paediatrics||73||MCI||3 years|
|M.D Obstetrics & Gynaecology||73||MCI||3 years|
|M.D Anesthesiology||73||MCI||3 years|
|M.D Radiodiagnosis||73||MCI||3 years|
|M.D Anatomy||73||MCI||3 years|
|M.D Physiology||73||MCI||3 years|
|M.D Pathology||73||MCI||3 years|
|M.D Pharmacology||73||MCI||3 years|
|M.D Microbiology||73||MCI||3 years|
|M.D Biochemistry||73||MCI||3 years|
|M.D Community Medicine||73||MCI||3 years|
|M.S Orthopedics||20||MCI||3 years|
|M.S ENT||20||MCI||3 years|
|M.S Ophthalmology||20||MCI||3 years|
|M.S General Surgery||20||MCI||3 years|
|M.S Skin & STD||20||MCI||3 years|
|DM in Neurology||2||MCI||3 years|
SBMCH Chennai MBBS Fee Structure
|MBBS (Year)||Fee Structure|
|1st Year||2,532,000 INR|
|2nd Year||2,475,000 INR|
|3rd Year||2,475,000 INR|
|4th Year||2,475,000 INR|
|5th Year||2,475,000 INR|
|Total MBBS fee||12,532,000 INR|
|For NRI students||60,000 US dollar/ year|
The first-year tuition fee includes the tuition fee of the college. Also, admission and registration fee, hostel fees are already included in the fee.
PG Courses Fee Structure of Sree Balaji Medical College and Hospital Chennai
|Course||Fee per annum|
|MD in Anaesthesiology||35,00,000/-|
|MD in Biochemistry||3,00,000/-|
|MD in Derm., Vene. & Leprosy||60,00,000/-|
|MS in E.N.T.||45,00,000|
|MD in General Medicine||45,00,000|
|MS in General Surgery||45,00,000|
|MD in Microbiology||3,00,000/-|
|MD in Obst. & Gynae||55,00,000/-|
|MS in Obstetrics and Gynaecology||55,00,000/-|
|MS in Ophthalmology||35,00,000/-|
|MS in Orthopaedics||3,00,000/-|
|MD in Physiology||3,00,000/-|
|MD in Psychiatry||30,00,000/-|
|MD in Radio Diagnosis||60,00,000/-|
|MD in Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases/Pulmonary Medicine||40,00,000/-|
|MD in Respiratory Medicine||40,00,000/-|
Scholarship Programs in Sree Balaji Medical College and Hospital Chennai
Students who are brilliant and great in studies may get a scholarship by the college. Also, the students who come from a middle-class family that have a low income than they also may get scholarship awards. Here are the categories through students can get a scholarship.
- Brilliant Students may get a scholarship on the basis of their academics
- Economically weaker students on the basis of their financial conditions
- Students can also get scholarship under the scheme running by the Central or state government
Note that- The College administration has the power to choose which student will get a scholarship. Also, the scholarship will be provided in the beginning of the academic session.
Sree Balaji Medical College and Hospital Chennai Admission 2020
Students must have to fulfil the admission eligibility criteria According to their respective courses. Admission in this prestigious medical college is invited by the NEET exams. Students who scored well can get a seat in this medical college.
The process to apply for MBBS admission
- Students must have to fill the form of NEET-UG exam by online method
- Visit the official website of the National Testing Agency
- Prepare hard for the exam and gain marks equal or more than NEET cutoff
- In the next step, students need to Register for NEET UG Counselling by online method
- Now Pay the NEET UG counselling fee online by using Net Banking/Debit Card/Credit Card
- Seat will be allotted you if you deserve it.
- Now selected students must have to report at a college campus for admission process
Admission process of Post Graduate Courses
- Students need to visit the official website of National Board of examination to register them.
- It is important that student must have an MBBS degree from MCI Approved medical college. Also, must have completed a one-year internship
- Apply for NEET PG exam online and appear in the exam
- Make sure you score well in NEET-PG exams
- After results, Students must go for register for NEET PG counselling 2020.
- Pay the counselling fee online
- Now students must have to report at a college campus to get admission
- Don’t forget to carry the required documents for admission at reporting in college
Sree Balaji Medical College and Hospital Chennai Admission Eligibility Criteria
Sree Balaji Medical College and Hospital Chennai is a well-named college in Tamilnadu. It is important that students fulfil the admission eligibility criteria. Different Courses have different eligibility criteria.
SBMCH Chennai MBBS admission 2020
Age Limit- Applicant must have completed the 17 year age and not more than 25 years age.
Academics Qualification- Students must have passed the 12th board exam from a valid board (CBSE, ICSE State board).
Marks- SC/ST/OBC category students need only 40% Whereas, General category students must obtain 50% marks. Biology should be the main subject in 12th including Physics and Chemistry.
NEET UG exam 2020- Important entrances exam to be passed by the students to get admission in this college.
SBMCH Chennai Post Graduate courses eligibility
NEET PG- Students must need to pass the NEET PG exam with a good score. There is no other way to get admission in this college.
Valid MBBS Degree – PG aspirants must have a valid MBBS degree in India. Degree must be provided by an MCI approved medical college
One Year Internship- Internship or training is important. Students must have completed one year of training from an affiliated medical college.
SBMCH Chennai Cutoff Marks
Every Year many students seat in the exam of NEET PG. But only some of them manage to get admission in top colleges. To get admission in this prestigious medical college students need score equal or more than NEET PG cutoff.
NEET UG Cutoff expected
- This year may be a Cutoff increase in the comparison of this Medical College. MBBS Aspirants must obtain marks at least equal to this year cutoff marks in NEET UG.
- SC/ST/OBC Candidates are eligible if they obtain 40 percentile marks in NEET UG exam
- General Category students must obtain at least 50 percentile marks in NEET UG exam
|Category||Qualifying Percentile||Cutoff scores|
SBMCH Chennai Post Graduation cutoff marks
To get admission in Post-graduation courses offered by the Sree Balaji Medical College and Hospital Chennai, it is important to gain equal or more marks than cut off marks. It helps the selection body to choose deserving candidates
|Persons with Disability||317||39th Percentile||291|
Sree Balaji Medical College and Hospital Chennai Counselling process
For Counselling students must have to register through the official website. Registration for NEET-UG and NEET PG will be conducted separately.
- Candidate Registration- Log in to the official website for NEET-UG counselling and register yourself.
- Choice Filling- Student can choose courses and colleges according to their interest if they want. During registration, they can choose it.
- Seat Allotment For first-round- Medical Seat will be offered to deserving students.
- Reporting at college- Students who got a seat after the results of seat allotment, they can proceed for admission process. All required documents and admission invitation letter is mandatory to present at the time of admission.
- Registration for the second round- Register again if you have not got a seat in the first round. The process is the same just like the first round.
- Choice filling for second round- Just like first round, students can fill their choices from the vacant options.
- Seat Allotment of second-round- Score will decide whether you will get sear or not. If you have scored good then defiantly you will get seat in at least second round.
- Reporting at college campus– Students who have got a seat after the announcement of Seat allotment then they need to report at college campus within the given deadline. It is also important that students must carry the required document for admission (Marksheets, certificate and admission invitation letter)
SBMCH Chennai Post Graduate Counselling
Students, who are seeking for admission in post-graduation courses offered by the Sree Balaji Medical College and Hospital, Chennai, must have to register online on the website of Medical Council Committee.
- Registration for first-round- Log in to the official website of Medical Council Committee and register yourself. Official Website is mcc.nic.in , Don’t forget to download it (registration copy).
- Choice filling- if students want to choose any particular stream or college then they can make a selection at the time of registration
- Seat allotment- Student who is top-ranked according to the cutoff list will get seat allotment letter in the first round of seat allotment.
- Admission Reporting- After getting seat allotment letter, the next step is to report at a college campus with required documents for admission.
- Second round of seat allotment- If somehow, you did not get a seat then you will have to register again on the same website.
- Choice filling (second round)- Students can choose courses of their choices from the vacant seats after first round of counselling.
- Seat allotment of second-round- Deserving candidates will get a seat on the basis of their marks in NEET PG exam. If you are from reservation quota then it will be more benefits.
- Admission process- Students who got a medical seat can now proceed for the admission process. Keep in mind that it is important that students carry the important documents at the time of reporting at a college campus
Required Documents for MBBS Admission
- Class 10th mark sheet
- Class 12th mark sheet
- Birth Certificate of the candidate
- Caste Certificate (If required)
- Physical disabled Certificate (if required)
- Admit Card of NEET UG exam
- Results or Scorecard of NEET UG exam
- Photo Id Card issued by the government (Could be anything, Aadhar Card, PAN Card etc)
- 8 Passport size photo (Recent)
- Seat allotment Letter (Candidates can download it after seat allotment results)
For Post Graduation Admission
- MBBS Degree or Certificate
- MBBS 3rd part Mark sheet
- Registration Certificate of Medical Council of India or State Medical Council
- Photo ID card issued by the government (Driving Licenses, Aadhar Card or any other)
- NEET PG Admit Card and Score Card
- Copy of Counselling Reiteration Certificate done online by the Medical Council Committee’s official website
- Recent passport-sized photograph (At least 8)
Sree Balaji Medical College and Hospital Chennai Hostel Fees
Hostel Faculties are impressive of this medical college. Students who are taking admission can accommodate in this college. Good food, Proper security and all the basic amenities. Although, the hostel fee is 75,000 INR per year and mess charges are 4,000 INR per month. Also, Security fee 50,000 INR will be paid separately. Students need to pay 14.500 Monthly. The security money will be paid once and it’s refundable.
Hostel Facilities inside the campus
- Well equipped class
- Student Cell
- Cafeteria and Mess
- Separate facilities for boys and girls in Hostels
- Anti-ragging campus
- Medical Facilities
- Sports Facilities