[formidable id=”1″ title=”1″]Saveetha Medical College and Hospital, Chennai are located in Kanchipuram (Tamilnadu). it is also known as SMCH Kanchipuram. This prestigious college was founded in the year 2005. This medical college is approved by the Medical Council of India. It is affiliated with Saveetha University; this university is a private deemed university.
All the information related to Courses offered by Saveetha Medical College and Hospital Kanchipuram, fee structure, admission process, admission eligibility criteria, Cutoff marks and much more, you will get in this article.
Saveetha Medical College Chennai Summary
|Full Name of College||Saveetha Medical College and Hospital Kanchipuram|
|Also Known as||SMCH Kanchipuram and Saveetha Medical College Kanchipuram|
|College Type||Private College|
|Affiliated with||Saveetha University, Chennai (Private Deemed University)|
|Approved by||Medical Council of India (MCI)|
|Types of Courses||MBBS
|Official Website of College||http://saveethamedicalcollege.com|
|Hostels||Separate for Boys and Girls|
|Admission Exam||NEET UG and PG 2020|
Saveetha Medical College Chennai Infrastructure
Saveetha Medical College Kanchipuram’s infrastructure is pretty impressive. Equipped with all the resources, this medical college is famous to provide quality education in the medical sector. Having a team of experienced teachers and supportive non-teaching staffs of this college helps students to gain more knowledge. This college is dedicated to provide training knowledge in the field of Medicines.
Saveetha Medical College Chennai Courses
Saveetha Medical College Chennai UG course
Students who want to get admission in MBBS course offered by the Saveetha Medical College Kanchipuram, need to full fill the admission eligibility criteria. Also, it is most important that students apply and pass the NEET UG exam with equal or more marks than the cutoff. SMCH offers MBBS course that duration is 5.5 years. This period includes the training duration from an affiliated Hospital.
|Undergraduate Course||Intake||Course duration|
|MBBS (Bachelors in Medicine and Bachelors in Surgery)||150||5.5 Years including one year training or internship (Mandatory)|
Saveetha Medical College Chennai Post Graduate Courses
|PG Courses||Intakes||Approval from||Duration|
|Anatomy||28||Medical Council of India||3 Years|
|Anaesthesiology||28||Medical Council of India||3 Years|
|Physiology||28||Medical Council of India||3 Years|
|Ophthalmology||28||Medical Council of India||3 Years|
|Biochemistry||28||Medical Council of India||3 Years|
|General Medicine||28||Medical Council of India||3 Years|
|Pharmacology||28||Medical Council of India||3 Years|
|Orthopaedics||28||Medical Council of India||3 Years|
|Microbiology||28||Medical Council of India||3 Years|
|Community Medicine||28||Medical Council of India||3 Years|
|Dermatology||28||Medical Council of India||3 Years|
|TB & Pulmonary Medicine||28||Medical Council of India||3 Years|
|Radio Diagnosis||28||Medical Council of India||3 Years|
|Obstetrics & Gynaecology||28||Medical Council of India||3 Years|
|General Surgery||28||Medical Council of India||3 Years|
|Psychiatry||28||Medical Council of India||3 Years|
|Paediatrics||28||Medical Council of India||3 Years|
|Pathology||28||Medical Council of India||3 Years|
|Otorhinolaryngology||28||Medical Council of India||3 Years|
|DM in Cardiology||4||Medical Council of India||3 Years|
|DM in Nephrology||4||Medical Council of India||3 Years|
|DM in Neurology||4||Medical Council of India||3 Years|
|M.Ch in Urology||6||Medical Council of India||3 Years|
|M.Ch in Vascular Surgery||6||Medical Council of India||3 Years|
Saveetha Medical College Chennai Fee Structure
|MBBS (Year)||Fee Structure|
|1st Year||2,340,000 INR|
|2nd Year||2,200,000 INR|
|3rd Year||2,200,000 INR|
|4th Year||2,200,000 INR|
|5th Year||2,200,000 INR|
|Total MBBS fee||11,140,000 INR|
|For NRI students||50,000 US dollar/ year|
Apart from this Indian students need to pay 1,00,000 INR for material Kits and 40,000 INR for university registration. Whereas, NRI students need to pay around 2,000 US dollar (1,40,000 INR) for a material fee and 5500 USD as university registration.
Post Graduate Courses Fee Structure
|PG courses||Tuition Fees/ year||Tuition Fees NRI/ year|
|MD in Anatomy||5,00,000 INR||–|
|MD in Physiology||5,00,000 INR||–|
|M.D Biochemistry||5,00,000 INR||–|
|MD in Pharmacology||5,00,000 INR||–|
|MD in Microbiology||5,00,000 INR||–|
|MD in Community Med.||10,00,000 INR||–|
|MD in Pathology||16,00,000 INR||–|
|MD in Psychiatry||20,00,000 INR||–|
|MD in Anaesthesiology||22,00,000 INR||–|
|MS in . ENT||25,00,000 INR||–|
|MS in . Ophthalmology||30,00,000 INR||–|
|MD in General Medicine||37,50,000 INR||60000USD|
|MS in . General Surgery||37,50,000 INR||60000USD|
|MS in . Orthopaedics||37,50,000 INR||70000USD|
|MS in Obs & Gyanae||37,50,000 INR||65000USD|
|MD in Paediatrics||37,50,000 INR||65000USD|
|MD in Chest Med||37,50,000 INR||–|
|MD in Radio-Diagnosis||45,00,000 INR||70000USD|
|MD in Dermatology||45,00,000 INR||70000USD|
Fee structure for M.ch and DM courses
|Particulars||Fees per annum|
|University Registration Fee||3, 500/-|
Scholarship programs in Saveetha Medical College Chennai
If you are brilliant then defiantly you will be awarded by the scholarship by the Saveetha Medical College Hospital Kanchipuram. Also, you may get fee concession in as scholarship if your economical condition is not good. The scholarship will be provided by the college administration in the beginning of an Academic session. The college administration will choose which student is going to get a scholarship. Categories are as following
- Economically weak students will get a scholarship on the basis of their financial condition
- Brilliant students will get a scholarship on the basis of their academic condition
- Also, you may get scholarship under the program running by state or central government.
Saveetha Medical College Chennai Admission 2020
Students who want to get admission in this college need to complete every requirement asked for admission. Apart from all this, students need to apply for NEET exams and pass that with a good score. However, you need to appear different exam of NEET to get admission in UG or PG courses. NEET UG for MBBS and BDS programs and NEET PG for Postgraduate programs.
How to apply for MBBS admission in Saveetha Medical College Kanchipuram
- NEET UG exam is mandatory to get MBBS admission
- If you complete the admission eligibility criteria then apply for NEET-UG exam 2020.
- In the next step, students need to apply online for the exam and appear in it
- It is most important that you get marks, equal or more than NEET cutoff
- Register for NEET UG Counselling by online method, by visiting the official webpage
- Pay the counselling fee online by using Net Banking/Debit Card/Credit Card
- Seat will be allotted you if you deserve it.
- Luckily, If you got seat then appear at the college campus within the given deadlines with the required documents at the time of admission in the college
Post Graduate Courses
- You must have an MBBS degree from an affiliated Medical institute and approved by the Medical Council of India
- Apply for NEET PG exam online and appear in the exam
- Make sure you get a good score in it
- The more marks you gain in NEET PG, it will increase the chances to get seat in good colleges
- Register for NEET PG counselling 2020
- Pay the counselling fee by online method
- Now if you get seat after the results of seat allotment then appear at the college campus within the given deadlines.
- Don’t forget to carry the required documents for admission at reporting in college
Saveetha Medical College Chennai Admission eligibility criteria
Students need to fulfil the Admission eligibility criteria to get admission in this medical college. The eligibilities are different for Undergraduate and Post Graduate courses. It is the basic parameter to test a student whether he/she is eligible for admission or not. However, the NEET exam is a mandatory exam to get admission in different courses.
MBBS Admission 2020
NEET UG exam 2020- It is an important exam for MBBS admission in any medical college in India. If you have a good score in this exam then defiantly you will get enrolled in top medical colleges in India.
Age Limit- Students must not be older than 25 years and younger than 17 years. AT the time of admission, he/she must have completed 17 years age.
Academics Qualification- Students must have qualified the 12th board exam from a valid board like CBSE, ICSE State board or any equivalent board. Talking about the part of the mark, general category students must obtain 50% marks whereas, SC/ST/OBC category students need only 40%. Biology should be the main subject in 12th including Physics and Chemistry.
Post Graduate courses eligibility
Valid MBBS Degree from MCI approved Medical College- PG aspirants must have a valid MBBS degree from a medical institution that is approved by the medical council of India. It is the most important eligibility to get admission in PG courses offered by medical colleges in India.
One Year Internship- Students must have completed a year training from an affiliated medical college. Also, students should have a training certificate issued by the Training institution
NEET PG- Students must need to pass the NEET PG exam with a good score. As much good score they obtain, it will help to get more good college and courses according to their choices.
Saveetha Medical College Chennai Cutoff Marks
If students have been prepared well for the exam then they will defiantly get the score equal to required cutoff. It is important that students must obtain equal or more cut off marks in NEET exams. The score helps the selection board to choose deserving students to offer admission in different courses offered by the Medical College itself.
NEET UG Cutoff expected
- MBBS Aspirants must obtain at least cut off marks in NEET UG. It is an important step for Medical admission in Saveetha medical college and Hospital Kanchipuram.
- SC/ST/OBC Candidates are eligible if they obtain 40% marks in NEET UG exam
- General Category students must obtain at least 50% marks in NEET UG exam
|Category||Qualifying Percentile||Cutoff scores|
Saveetha Medical College Kanchipuram Post Graduation cutoff marks
To get admission in Post-graduation courses, it is important to gain equal or more marks than cut off marks
|Persons with Disability||317||39th Percentile||291|
Saveetha Medical College Chennai Counselling process
Candidates who want ot get admission in Saveetha Medical College and Hospital need to register for NEET UG or NEET PG counseling process by online method.
- Candidate Registration- MBBS aspirants need to visit the official website and do registration on it for NEET UG counselling 2020.
- Choice Filling- Student can choose their subjects and colleges according to their interest.
- Seat Allotment- if you are a deserving candidate then selection board will offer you a medical seat.
- Reporting at college- Students who got seat in the results of seat allotment, will be asked to report at college with required documents within the given deadlines. Don’t forget to carry the seat allotment letter or admission letter.
- Registration for the second round- If you did not get a seat in the first round of seat allotment then you can get apply for the second round of registration. The process is similar to the first round of seat allotment.
- Choice filling for the second round- Now choose your favourite college and courses according to your choice. You will be offered any seat from remaining or vacant seat.
- Seat Allotment of the second round- you will get a seat only if you have scored good enough to compete your competitor students.
- Reporting at college campus– If you have got a medical seat in the second round of seat allotment then you need to report at college campus at with all the required documents for admission. You need to be present at the college campus in the given deadline. Don’t forget, students cannot leave the seat.
Post Graduate Counselling
Students who want to get enrolled in Post Graduation Courses offered by the Saveetha Medical College and Hospital Kanchipuram need to register on the official website of Medical Council Committee.
- Registration for first-round- Students need to register on the official website of Medical Council Committee. They are required to visit the site mcc.nic.in , Don’t forget to download it (registration copy).
- Choice filling- Students can choose the course and college according to their preferences.
- Seat allotment- Students can get a seat after the first round of seat allotment. They need to download the seat allotment letter.
- Admission Reporting- After seat allotment, the next step is to report at a college campus in the given deadline. It is important that students carry the required documents along with them. Most especially the seat allotment letter.
- The second round of seat allotment- For remaining seats, students can again visit the official site mentioned above and register. Download the copy of Registration.
- Choice filling (second round)- Students can choose courses of their choices from the vacant seats
- Seat allotment of second-round- Deserving candidates will get a seat on the basis of their marks in NEET PG exam.
- Admission process- Students who want admission need to report at college under deadlines with all documents and seat allotment letter. Also, you cannot leave your seat according to the orders of the honorable Supreme Court of India.
Required Documents for MBBS Admission
- Admit Card of NEET UG exam
- Results or Scorecard of NEET UG exam
- Class 10th mark sheet
- Class 12th mark sheet
- Birth Certificate of the candidate
- Photo Id Card issued by the government (Could be anything, Aadhar Card, PAN Card etc)
- 8 Passport size photo (Recent)
- Seat allotment Letter (Candidates can download it after seat allotment results)
- Caste Certificate (If required)
- Physical disabled Certificate (if required)
For Post Graduation Admission
- MBBS Degree or Certificate
- MBBS 3rd part Mark sheet
- Registration Certificate of Medical Council of India or State Medical Council
- Photo ID card issued by the government (Driving Licenses, Aadhar Card or any other)
- NEET PG Admit Card and Score Card
- Copy of Counselling Reiteration Certificate done online by the Medical Council Committee’s official website
- Recent passport-sized photograph (At least 8)
Saveetha Medical College Chennai Hostel Fees
Students can get accommodate in college hostel that is situated inside the College Campus. The hostel is well secured and supervised by the experienced staffs of the college. Students need to pay 96000 annually. This fee includes the mess charge and excludes the security money
Hostel Facilities inside the campus
- Well equipped class
- Cafeteria and Mess
- Separate facilities for boys and girls in Hostels
- Anti-ragging campus
- Medical Facilities
- Student Cell