Maharishi Markandeshwar Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Mullana is also known as MMU Mullana Medical College Ambala (Haryana). It was founded or established in the year 1993. MM Institute of Medical Sciences & Research courses includes Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses in Medicine sector. It is recognized by top medical organization of India, including the Medical Council of India, Dental Council of India. This Medical college is affiliated by Maharishi Markandeshwar University, one of the well-named private deemed universities of India. MMU Institute of Medical Sciences and Research is one of the leading and well-decorated medical institutions in Haryana.
Quick facts about MMU Mullana Medical College Ambala
|Full Name of College||Maharishi Markandeshwar Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Mullana|
|Also Known as||MMU Mullana Medical College Ambala (Haryana)|
|College type||Private Medical College|
|Located City||Mullana (Ambala, Haryana)|
|Affiliated by||Maharishi Markandeshwar University|
|Recognized by||Medical Council Of India|
|Top courses in MMIMSR||MBBS (UG)
MD and MS (PG)
|Hostel||Separate Facilities for Boys and Girls|
Courses offered by MMU Mullana Medical College Ambala
Undergraduate Course in MMIMSR Ambala
The MMIMSR is famous for its study culture and advanced teaching atmosphere. In the guidance of the well-experienced teaching team of the college, students enhance their knowledge quickly. MBBS course syllabus and teaching culture is well-known in the medical education world.
|Undergraduate Course||Intake||Course duration|
|MBBS (Bachelors in Medicine and Bachelors in Surgery)||150 (All India seats- 128 & MBBS NRI Seats- 22)||4.6 years and one year of training or internship (Mandatory)|
Postgraduate Courses in MMIMSR Ambala
|PG Courses||Intake (Management Quota)||Intake
|PG Courses Duration|
|MD/MS in Anatomy||4||0||3 years|
|MD in Anesthesiology||10||2||3 years|
|MD in Biochemistry||3||0||3 years|
|MD in Community Medicine||5||0||3 years|
|MD in Pediatrics||8||1||3 years|
|MD in Pathology||5||1||3 years|
|MD in Pharmacology||3||0||3 years|
|MD in Physiology||5||0||3 years|
|MD in Psychiatry||2||0||3 years|
|MD in Radio diagnosis||8||3||3 years|
|MD in Radiotherapy||2||0||3 years|
|MD in Respiratory Medicine||3||1||3 years|
|MD in Dermatology||3||1||3 years|
|MS in ENT||3||0||3 years|
|MD in Forensic Medicine||3||0||3 years|
|MD in General Medicine||12||4||3 years|
|MS in General Surgery||12||3||3 years|
|MD in Microbiology||3||0||3 years|
|MD/MS in Obstetrics. & Gynecology||9||3||3 years|
|MS in Ophthalmology||3||1||3 years|
|MS in Orthopedics||8||2||3 years|
MMU Mullana Medical College Ambala Fee structure
MMIMSR Ambala UG course Fee-
|MBBS Fee in MMIMSR||15,00,000 INR yearly (10% increment per Year)|
|Development Fund||1,35,000 INR yearly (10% hike per year)|
|Other Fee||18,300 INR per Year|
|Registration Fee (Only at the time of Admission)||40,000 INR|
|MBBS Fee for NRI Student||47, 850 US Dollar Annually|
Note- Students must pay 15,58,300 INR at the time of Admission
MMIMSR Ambala PG Course Fee-
|PG Courses||Annual Fee for Indian Students||Annual Fee For NRI Students|
|MD in Anatomy||8,30,000 INR||Nil|
|MD in Physiology||8,30,000 INR||Nil|
|MD in Biochemistry||9,30,000 INR||Nil|
|MD in Pediatrics||31,95,000 INR||80,000 USD|
|MD in Dermatology (DVL)||34,95,000 INR||1,00,000 USD|
|MD in Radio diagnosis||36,95,000 INR||1,20,000 USD|
|MS in Otorhinolaryngology||18,95,000 INR||Nil|
|MS in General Surgery||27,95,000 INR||70,000 USD|
|MS in Ophthalmology||29,95,000 INR||80,000 USD|
|MS in Orthopedics||29,95,000 INR||1,00,000 USD|
|MS in Obstetrics and Gynecology||31,95,000 INR||1,00,000 USD|
|MD in Forensic Medicine||9,30,000 INR||Nil|
|MD in Pharmacology||9,30,000 INR||20,000 USD|
|MD in Community Medicine||11,30,000 INR||20,000 USD|
|MD in Microbiology||11,30,000 INR||20,000 USD|
|MD in Pathology||18,95,000 INR||35,000 USD|
|MD in Anesthesiology||18,95,000 INR||40,000 USD|
|MD in Radiotherapy||18,95,000 INR||Nil|
|MD in Respiratory Medicine||25, 95,00 INR||50,000 USD|
|MD in Psychiatry||25, 95,00 INR||50,000 USD|
|MD in General Medicine||29,95,000 INR||80,000 USD|
Other Fee for PG Course
|Security deposit amount (One time )
|Registration Charges (One Time)||40,000 INR|
Teaching and Non Teaching Team of MMIMSR Ambala
It is always good to know your college before getting admission. Maharishi Markandeshwar Institute of Medical Sciences and Research provides quality education in medical sector. Teaching team is so experienced with modern technology they enhance knowledge of students studying in MMIMSR.
Points to keep in Mind for admission process
- Students who are seeking for admission in UG courses offered by MMIMSR have to apply and pass NEET UG exam. This exam is organized every year.
- For PG admission, NEET Pg exam is mandatory to be passed b y students
- After Qualifying NEET PG exam, admission eligibility criteria are necessary to be fulfilled by students.
MMU Mullana Medical College Ambala Admission Eligibility Criteria
Age- Candidates must have completed 17 years at the time of admission or at the end of that year. He/she must not be older than 25 years.
For UG Course- 12th board exam necessary to be passed by the candidates from a valid board like CBSE, ICSE or any state Board. Minimum marks required for admission is 50% , Physics, Chemistry and Biology should be as main subject in 12th.
For PG Courses- It is necessary for students taking admission in PG courses in Medicine, must have an MBBS degree from a valid University.
Scholarship program in MMU Mullana Medical College Ambala
The University provides financial support to talented students studying in this medical college. Its depends on College administration that who they will provide scholarship. Here are the following class for Scholarship programs
- Merit and talented students
- Fee concession for weaker students (Economically weaker)
- State and National Wise scholarship programs
Cutoff of MMIMSR Ambala
Cutoff is the scale of the minimum marks for admission in this Medical College, students who are seeking admission in the different course have different cutoffs. NEET exam score plays an important role in admission in any medical college.
|UG Course Category||Qualifying Marks (percentile)||Cutoff scores|
|General Category||50th Percentile||701-134|
|Physical Handicapped in
|OBC/SC/ST (Physical Handicapped)||40th Percentile||119-107|
MMIMSR Ambala PG Courses Cutoff
|PG Course Category||Qualifying Marks (percentile)||Cutoff scores|
|General Category||50th Percentile||313|
|Physical Handicapped in
Counselling Process for All India Quota
MMU Mullana Medical College Ambala UG Counseling process
- Candidate’s registration- Students need to register on official Website for Undergraduate Courses Counseling.
- Choice Filing – MBBS Students have to choose the course and Colleges according to their interest by online Method
- Seat Allotment – Aspirants will get Medical seat in their favorite college, if they lucky after first round of Seat allotment.
- Reporting and Admission- If MBBS candidates accept the seat then they can proceed for admission process and complete the formalities. Also, if they are not happy with seat allotment then he/she can reject the seat.
- Registration for Second Round- Candidates who haven’t got seat according to their interest.
- Choice Filling for Round 2- Candidates have to choose their favourite course and college again
- Seat allotment of 2nd Round- The seat allotment of second-round conducted by the Administration. Students will get a medical seat after the second round of seat allotment.
- Admission (Final round)- After completing all the steps, students now can take admission on the seat allotted to them. According to the order of honourable Supreme Court of India, students cannot leave the seat once allotted after the second round.
- Registration- For Post Graduate Admission registration is the first step on the official Website of Medical Council Committee.
- Choice Filling- Students who are pursuing the MD/MS course need to choose the course and College according to their interest.
- Seat allotment- Seat allotment in PG admission, students may get a seat in the first round of Seat allotment. It’s up to them that they accept it or reject it.
- Second round registration- Lucky candidates have got their seats and now rest candidates do registration for the second round.
- Second Round of Choice filling- PG courses Candidates need to make a choice selection in the second round.
- Second Round of Seat allotment- Seat allotment for the second round is second last stage for PG admission.
- Admission (Final Step)- All the steps have been done. Students have to fulfil admission formalities. Students cannot reject the seat after the second round of seat allotment.
Required document for UG admission
- Mark sheets of School board exams
- Scorecard and Admit card of NEET UG 2020 Exam
- Birth certificate of Candidate
- Photo Identity Card issued by Government (Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Driver License etc)
- Recent 8 passport size Photographs
- Caste Certificate (if required)
Required Documents for PG admission
- MBBS Certificate from a Valid Medical College
- Certificate from Medical Council of India
- Training certificate from an affiliate hospital
- Copy of online counselling from State government
- Photo Identity Card (Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Driver License etc)
- Recent passport size Photographs (at least 8)
- NEET PG 2020 Score Card and Admit Card
- Caste Certificate (if required)
- Birth Certificate of PG candidate.
Hostel fee of MMU Mullana Medical College Ambala
Usually, students need to pay 14, 170 INR monthly
For MBBS students hostel fee for twin sharing hostel including mess charges
|For Indian Students||1,50,000 INR annually|
|NRI Students||1,70,400 INR Annually|
For PG Students for
|Single bed||2,15,000 INR annually|
|Double Bed||1,50,000 INR annually|
Available Facilities in College
- OPD services
- Emergency Department
- Blood Bank Regional
- Community health Centre
- Sports Facilities
- Banks and ATMs
- Power Backup
- Ac hostel’s room
- Internet connection
- Technological lab
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques. is there any other way to enrol in this medical college without the NEET exam?
Ans. There is no any other way to get enrolled in this medical college. Students who wants MBBS admission have to quality NEET UG exam and for PG admission NEET PG exam.
Ques. How many students can get MBBS admission in a batch?
Ans. 150 students can take admission in an MBBS batch. 128 students (regional) and 22 NRI students can take admission in every batch.
Ques. Who can seat in NEET PG exam?
Ans. Students who have an MBBS degree from a medical college recognized by the Medical Council of India.
Ques. What is the number of Question and duration of NEET Exam?
Ans. NEET exam has 240 questions and duration is 3 hours. This exam is mandatory to pass for medical admission.
Ques. What is the duration of MBBS in this medical college?
Ans. MMIMSR offers a 5.6 years MBBS study program. MMIMSR MBBS course total duration is 5.6 years (4.6 years theory duration and 1-year internship program).