MET is one of the most prominent entrance exams of India, which is conducted by the pioneer Manipal Academy of Higher Education. MET basically stands for the Manipal Entrance Test and is the mandatory entrance exam of the University for all the admission seekers.
It is an annually conducted exam of the University which grants admission to all the aspirants in its various streams of the courses such as in the engineering, Information science, Administration etc. The exam basically decides the fate of all the aspirants and thus it is a very significant exam of the University.
Here in this article, we are going to cover all the basic information about the MET 2020 exam for the consideration of all the aspirants. You would be able to get the information from the article alike the MET syllabus 2020, important dates, the pattern of the exam etc so that you can go for the exam with full information in hands.
Direct Admission Enquiry Form
MET Syllabus 2020
The syllabus is the first thing of any exam about which every aspirant should know in order to prepare for the exam in the right manner. We all know that MET is considered to be one of the toughest professional entrance exams of the country and thus the preparation of the exam must be done in the fully planned manner.
Syllabus of this exam is the first thing that you should go with and here must be aware that the exam is comprised of the 4 subjects namely Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & General English.
The exam is particularly set for all the engineering aspirants, who want to seek admission into the several engineering and other programs of the University.
Here below you can check out the detailed syllabus of the exam for your consideration.
|Heat||Atomic Structure||Summation of Finite Series||Vocabulary|
|Physical Optics||Oxidation Number||Mathematical Induction||Sentence Improvements|
|Geometrical Optics||Organic compounds& Amines||Partial Fractions||Spotting of Errors|
|Dynamics||Chemical Kinetics||Theory of Equation|
|Current Electricity||Hydrocarbons||Binomial Theorem|
|Atom Physics||Coordination Compounds||Algebra|
|Organic Chemistry||Analytical Geometry|
|Amino Acids/Proteins||Definite Integrals|
|D Block Elements||Complex Numbers|
|Industrial Important Compounds|
MET 2020 Important Dates
Well, here in this section we are mentioning some significant dates regarding the MET 2020 exam which you should keep your eyes on, so that you can follow all the events of the exam at the right time.
You can check out the full schedule of MET 2020 exam below.
- Application Form Date- October 2nd week onwards 2019
- Last Date of Application- April’s second week 2020
- Slot Booking Procedure- First week of April 2020
- Admit Cards Availability- First week of April 2020
- Date of Exam- Not announced yet
- Date of Results- First week of May 2020
- MET Merit 2020- First week of may
- MET 2020 Counselling- Last week of May by the end of July
Beginning of Classes- By the end of July 2020
MET 2020 Admission Eligibility Criteria
Well, you must check out the admission eligibility criteria of this exam before making your application for the same. You can check it out here below.
- Candidates must have qualified the 10+2 exam from any of the recognised board of education.
- The compulsory subjects in the 10+2 exam should be Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology and along with that English must be the other mandatory subject.
- The minimum passing aggregate in the 10+2 exam should be 50% for all the candidates in common.
- Candidates must be of the minimum age of 18 years and should be an Indian national.
MET 2020 Exam Pattern
Well, there aren’t any such changes in the MET exam pattern of the University for the year 2020, since the exam follows the same pattern as before.
Here you can check out the complete MET exam pattern for your better understanding and the clarity.
- Mode of Exam- Online Computer Based Test(CBT)
- Exam Duration- 150 Minutes or 2 hours 30 minutes
- Type of the Questions- Multiple Choice Questions
- Number of Questions- 200
- Total Sections- Four
- Sections Name- Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, English and General Aptitude
- Marking Pattern- Four marks for every correct answer
- Negative Marking Pattern- One mark negative marking for every incorrect answer.
MET 2020 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’S)
We urge you to read this last section of the article in which you can find the answers of some frequently asked questions by the aspirants preparing for the exam.
- Any chance of getting the CSE or ECE Trades with 6794 Ranks
There are very least chances of getting the CSE and the ECE trades with 6794 ranks as you must be having the nearby rank of 1800 for the above-mentioned streams.
- What is the application mode of MET 2020 exam
Well, the candidates can make their application for the MET 2020 exam only by the online mode as there are no more offline mode available for this exam.
- Do you compulsorily need to appear in the MET exam in order to take admission in all the courses of Manipal University
Certainly not, the MET exam is applicable for getting admission only into the certain courses of the Manipal University such as the engineering programs thus the other courses have their own entrance exam or the direct admission process.
- How Do I know whether my application form for the MET 2020 exam has been successfully accepted
Well, the candidates will receive a confirmation mail and the message right after their form for the MET exam has been accepted. They can log in to their students accounts for the confirmation of the same at any time.
- Can I make any changes in my MET 2020 application form after the final submission of the form
Unfortunately not, No candidates would be able to make any kinds of changes in their examination form, after they have already submitted their exam form successfully.