Meenakshi Medical College and Research Institute is one of the most premier medical colleges of India. It is also known as MMCRI Kanchipuram and founded in 2003. It is widely famous to provide world-class education in the medical sector. Meenakshi Medical College and Research Institute Kanchipuram is affiliated by Meenakshi University (privately Deemed) and approved by the Medical Council of India.
[formidable id=”1″ title=”1″]
Here you will get the information about the courses offered By the Meenakshi Medical Colleges Kanchipuram, Fee structure, admission process, Counselling, Admission Eligibility Criteria, admission process, Hostel life, hostel fee and all the mandatory information about the college.
MMCRI Kanchipuram Summary
|Full Name of College||Meenakshi Medical College and Research Institute Kanchipuram|
|Also Known as||MMCRI Kanchipuram and Meenakshi Medical College Kanchipuram|
|College Type||Private College|
|Affiliated with||Meenakshi University (Private Deemed University)|
|Approved by||Medical Council of India (MCI)|
|Types of Courses||MBBS
|Official Website of College||http://mmchri.ac.in|
|Hostels||Separate for Boys and Girls|
|Admission Exam||NEET UG 2020|
|Campus Size||39 Acres|
Infrastructure of MMCRI Kanchipuram
This Medical College has an impressive infrastructure an eco-friendly campus. Teachers are so experienced and humble with students. teachers help students to gain practical and theoretical knowledge during the classroom. This medical college offers various medical courses. Students can enrol in any course according to their choices.
Meenakshi Medical College and Research Institute Kanchipuram Courses
Meenakshi Medical College and Research Institute Kanchipuram Undergraduate Courses
Meenakshi Medical College and Research Institute Kanchipuram offers MBBS course and the duration is 5.5 years. this duration includes a one-year internship from an affiliated hospital. 150 students can get admission in one academic session. Students need to fulfil the admission eligibility criteria to get MBBS admission in Meenakshi Medical College and Research Institute Kanchipuram.
|Undergraduate Course||Intake||Course duration|
|MBBS (Bachelors in Medicine and Bachelors in Surgery)||150||5.5 Years including one year of training or internship (Mandatory)|
MMCRI Kanchipuram Postgraduate Courses
|MD in General Medicine||39||3 Years|
|MD in Paediatrics||39||3 Years;8|
|MD in Obstetrics and Gynaecology||39||3 Years|
|MD in Radiodiagnosis||39||3 Years|
|MD in Dermatology||39||3 Years|
|MD in Anaesthesiology||39||3 Years|
|MD in Anatomy||39||3 Years|
|MD in Physiology||39||3 Years|
|MD in Bio-Chemistry||39||3 Years|
|MD in Microbiology||39||3 Years|
|MD in Pathology||39||3 Years|
|MD in Pharmacology||39||3 Years|
|MD in Community Medicine||39||3 Years|
|MD in Respiratory Medicine||39||3 Years|
|MD in Psychiatry||39||3 Years|
|MS in General Surgery||12||3 Years|
|MS in Orthopaedics||12||3 Years|
|MS in Opthalmology||12||3 Years|
|MS in ENT||12||3 Years|
|M.Ch in Urology||1||3 Years|
|DM In Cardiology||4||3 Years|
|DM In Neurology||4||3 Years|
|DM in Gastroenterology||1||3 Years|
Meenakshi Medical College and Research Institute Kanchipuram Fee Structure
|MBBS (Year)||Fee Structure|
|1st Year||2,250,000 INR|
|2nd Year||2,250,000 INR|
|3rd Year||2,250,000 INR|
|4th Year||2,250,000 INR|
|5th Year||2,250,000 INR|
|Total MBBS fee||11,250,000 INR|
|For NRI students||50,000 US dollar/ year|
MMCRI Kanchipuram Postgraduate Courses
|Course||Fees per annum|
|MD in Anaesthesiology||30,00,000 INR|
|MD in Biochemistry||4,00,000 INR|
|MD in General Medicine||40,00,000 INR|
|MD in Microbiology||4,00,000 INR|
|MD in Obst. & Gynae||45,00,000 INR|
|MD in Paediatrics||40,00,000 INR|
|MD in Pathology||11,00,000 INR|
|MD in Pharmacology||5,00,000 INR|
|MD in Physiology||4,00,000 INR|
|MD in Preventive Medicine||5,00,000 INR|
|MD in Psychiatry||30,00,000 INR|
|MD in Radio Diagnosis||50,00,000 INR|
|MD in Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases||40,00,000 INR|
|MS in Anatomy||4,00,000 INR|
|MS in E.N.T.||35,00,000 INR|
|MS in General Surgery||40,00,000 INR|
|MS in Ophthalmology||35,00,000 INR|
|MD in Derm. Vene. & Leprosy||50,00,000 INR|
|MS in Orthopaedics||50,00,000 INR|
Scholarship programs in Meenakshi Medical College and Research Institute Kanchipuram
Students may get fee concession or financial support in the form of MMCRI Kanchipuram Scholarship. Brilliant students may get a scholarship on the basis of their academic performance in the beginning of the session. Poor students may get a scholarship on the basis of their financial condition. Also, if they are extremely well in studies then they will also get a scholarship.
Meenakshi Medical College and Research Institute Kanchipuram Admission 2020
Students who want admission in Meenakshi Medical College and Research Institute Kanchipuram need to fulfil the admission eligibility criteria. Students Need to apply and Pass the NEET exams to get enrolled in different courses offered by MMCRI. However admission process for UG and PG courses are bit different but the entrance exam for both the courses are defiantly different, NEET-UG for MBBS admission 2020 and NEET PG exam for MD MS admission.
How to apply for MBBS admission
Under Graduate Courses
- NEET UG exam is mandatory to get MBBS admission
- If you fulfil the admission eligibility criteria then apply for NEET-UG exam 2020
- In the next step, apply online for the exam and appear in it
- It is important that you get marks, equal or more than NEET cutoff
- Register for Counselling by online method
- Pay the counselling fee
- Seat will be allotted you if you deserve it.
- If you got seat then appear at the college campus within the given deadlines with the required documents at the time of admission in the college
Post Graduate Courses
- You must have an MBBS degree from an affiliated Medical institute and approved by the Medical Council of India
- Apply for NEET PG exam online and appear in the exam
- Make sure you get a good score in it
- The more marks you gain in NEET PG, it will increase the chances to get seat in good colleges
- Register for NEET PG counselling 2020
- Pay the counselling fee by online method
- Now if you get seat after the results of seat allotment then appear at the college campus within the given deadlines.
- Don’t forget to carry the required documents for admission at reporting in college
Meenakshi Medical College and Research Institute Kanchipuram Admission eligibility criteria
Admission eligibility criteria are the basic parameter to test a student whether he/she is eligible for admission or not. The eligibilities are different for Undergraduate and Post Graduate courses. However, NEET exam is a mandatory exam to get admission in different courses.
MMCRI Kanchipuram MBBS admission 2020
Age Limit- Students must not be older than 25 year and younger than 17 years. AT the time of admission, he/she must have completed 17 years age.
Academics Qualification- Students must have qualified the 12th board exam from a valid board like CBSE, ICSE State board or any equivalent board. Talking about the part of the mark, general category students must obtain 50% marks whereas, SC/ST/OBC category students need only 40%. Biology should be main subject in 12th including Physics and Chemistry.
NEET UG exam 2020- It is an important exam for MBBS admission in any medical college in India. If you have a good score in this exam then defiantly you will get enrolled in top medical colleges in India.
Post Graduate courses eligibility
Valid MBBS Degree- PG aspirants must have a valid MBBS degree from a medical institution that is approved by the medical council of India. It is the most important eligibility to get admission in PG courses offered by medical colleges in India.
One Year Internship- He/she must have completed a year training from an affiliated medical college. Also, students should have a training certificate issued by the Training institution
NEET PG- Students must need to pass the NEET PG exam with a good score. As much good score they obtain, it will help to get more good college and courses according to their choices.
Meenakshi Medical College and Research Institute Kanchipuram Cutoff Marks
It is important that students must obtain the equal or more cutoff marks in NEET exams. The score helps the selection board to choose deserving students to offer admission in different courses offered by the Medical College itself.
NEET UG Cutoff expected
- MBBS Aspirants must obtain at least cutoff marks in NEET UG. It is an important step for Medical admission in Meenakshi Medical College and Research Institute Kanchipuram.
- SC/ST/OBC Candidates are eligible if they obtain 40% marks in NEET UG exam
- General Category students must obtain at least 50% marks in NEET UG exam
|Category||Qualifying Percentile||Cutoff scores|
Post Graduation cutoff marks
Post-graduation cutoff marks is important to invite admission in different PG courses offered by the medical college.
|Persons with Disability||317||39th Percentile||291|
Counselling process in Meenakshi Medical College and Research Institute Kanchipuram
Candidates who need to get admission in Meenakshi Medical College and Research institute Kanchipuram, need to register for counselling by online method.
- Candidate Registration- MBBS aspirants need to visit the official website and do registration on it for NEET UG counselling 2020.
- Choice Filling- Student can choose their subjects and colleges according to their interest.
- Seat Allotment- if you are a deserving candidate then selection board will offer you a medical seat.
- Reporting at college- Students who got a seat in the results of seat allotment, will be asked to report at college with required documents within the given deadlines. Don’t forget to carry the seat allotment letter or admission letter.
- Registration for the second round- If you did not get a seat in the first round of seat allotment then you can get apply for the second round of registration. Process is similar to first round of seat allotment.
- Choice filling for the second round- Now choose your favourite college and courses according to your choice. You will be offered any seat from remaining or vacant seat.
- Seat Allotment of the second round- you will get a seat only if you have scored good enough to compete your competitor students.
- Reporting at college campus– If you have got a medical seat in the second round of seat allotment then you need to report at college campus at with all the required documents for admission. You need to be present at the college campus in the given deadline. Don’t forget, students cannot vacate the seat.
Students who want to get enrolled in Post Graduation Courses offered by the Meenakshi Medical College and Research Institute Kanchipuram need to register on the official website of Medical Council Committee.
- Registration- Students need to register on the official website of Medical Council Committee. They are required to visit the site mcc.nic.in , Don’t forget to download it (registration copy).
- Choice filling- Students can choose the course and college according to their preferences.
- Seat allotment- Students can get a seat after the first round of seat allotment. They need to download the seat allotment letter.
- Admission Reporting- After seat allotment, the next step is to report at a college campus in the given deadline. It is important that students carry the required documents along with them. Most especially the seat allotment letter.
- Second round of seat allotment- For remaining seats, students can again visit the official site mentioned above and register. Download the copy of Registration.
- Choice filling (second round)- Students can choose courses of their choices from the vacant seats
- Seat allotment of second-round- Deserving candidates will get a seat on the basis of their marks in NEET PG exam.
- Admission process- Students who want admission need to report at college under deadlines with all documents and seat allotment letter. Also, you cannot leave your seat according to the orders of the honorable Supreme Court of India.
Required Documents for MBBS Admission
- Admit Card of NEET UG exam
- Results or Scorecard of NEET UG exam
- Class 10th mark sheet
- Class 12th mark sheet
- Birth Certificate of the candidate
- Photo Id Card issued by the government (Could be anything, Aadhar Card, PAN Card etc)
- 8 Passport size photo (Recent)
- Seat allotment Letter (Candidates can download it after seat allotment results)
- Caste Certificate (If required)
- Physical disabled Certificate (if required)
For Post Graduation Admission
- MBBS Degree or Certificate
- MBBS 3rd part Mark sheet
- Registration Certificate of Medical Council of India or State Medical Council
- Photo ID card issued by the government (Driving Licenses, Aadhar Card or any other)
- NEET PG Admit Card and Score Card
- Copy of Counselling Reiteration Certificate done online by the Medical Council Committee’s official website
- Recent passport-sized photograph (At least 8)
Meenakshi Medical College and Research Institute Kanchipuram Hostel Fees
Students can get accommodate in college hostel that is situated inside the College Campus. The hostel is secured and supervised by the well-experienced staffs of the college. The accommodation facilities for girls and boys are separate and Air-conditioned. Hostel Fee is 2,50,000 INR per year. It includes the mess fee and other hostel charges. The student doesn’t need to pay a security fee except for this fee.
Hostel Facilities inside the campus
- AC Auditorium
- Cafeteria and Mess
- Separate facilities for boys and girls
- Anti-ragging campus
- Medical Facilities
- Smart Classrooms
- Student Cell
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques. I have completed MBBS from Ukraine, can I pursue MD course in MCCRI Pondicherry? What is the process of it?
Ans. If you have completed MBBS in Ukraine then you need to pass the screening test conducted by the Medical Council of India. After this test, your degree is valid in India. Now you need to apply and pass the NEET PG exam and after results, you will have to register for NEET PG counselling. If your score is good enough then you can get admission in any medical college you want.
Ques. I have completed my MBBS from Australia, do I need to seat in the MCI screening test to validate my degree?
Ans. There is no need to seat in this exam if you have completed your MBBS degree from Australia. Your degree is already valid in India.