Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute Pondicherry is one of the national level leading medical colleges of India. It is also known as MGMCRI Pondicherry. This private medical college was established in the year 2001 and situated in Pondicherry. MGMCRI offers various types of medical courses from different streams. Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute is affiliated with Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth University. This university is a deemed private university situated in Pondicherry. This MGMCRI is recognized by the Medical Council of India.
[formidable id=”1″ title=”1″]
Before you choose this medical college you should be known information about the courses offered by the MGMCRI Pondicherry, fee structure, admission process, admission eligibility criteria, cutoff, and other college-related details.
Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute Pondicherry Summary
|Full Name of Medical College||Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute, Pondicherry|
|Also Known as||MGMCRI Pondicherry|
|Location||SBV Campus Pillayarkuppam, Pondicherry, Puducherry|
|College Type||Private College|
|Affiliated with||Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth University (Deemed)|
|Approved by||Medical Council of India (MCI)|
|Types of Courses||MBBS
|Official Website of College||http://sbvu.ac.in/mgmcri|
|Hostels||Separate for Boys and Girls|
|Admission Exam||NEET UG and NEET PG 2020|
|Campus Size||27 Acres|
About Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute Pondicherry Infrastructure and Study Atmosphere
Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute Pondicherry has an experienced staff team (Teaching and Non Teaching team). They are totally dedicated to help and support students studying in MGMCRI. The teaching faculties of this prestigious medical college are experienced. They provide theoretical and practical knowledge related to course and topics. As you know the practical information is most important in the field of Medical, you will be on training from an affiliated hospital for one year. Eco-friendly campus filled with learning atmosphere make this campus ideal to study medical courses.
Mahatma Gandhi Medical College Pondicherry Courses
Mahatma Gandhi Medical College Pondicherry Undergraduate Courses
Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute offer an MBBS course (Undergraduate course) with a duration of 5.5 years including one year of practice in any hospital. 250 students can take admission in an academic session of MBBS studies. Students need to fulfil the admission eligibility criteria of Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute Pondicherry Pondicherry to get enrolled in this well-named medical college of Pondicherry.
|Undergraduate Course||Intake||Course duration|
|MBBS (Bachelors in Medicine and Bachelors in Surgery)||250||5.5 years including one year of training or internship (Mandatory)|
Mahatma Gandhi Medical College Pondicherry Post Graduate Courses
|MS in Obstetrics and Gynecology||3 Years||12|
|MS in Ophthalmology||3 Years||6|
|MS in Orthopedics||3 Years||12|
|MS in Pediatrics||3 Years||8|
|MS in Pathology||3 Years||3|
|MS in Pharmacology||3 Years||4|
|MS in Physiology||3 Years||4|
|MS in Psychiatry||3 Years||3|
|MS in Radiodiagnosis||3 Years||11|
|MS in Respiratory Medicine||3 Years||3|
|MS in Otorhinolaryngology||3 Years||6|
|MS in General Surgery||3 Years||16|
|MD in Anesthesiology||3 Years||11|
|MD in Anatomy||3 Years||4|
|MD in Biochemistry||3 Years||2|
|MD in Community Medicine||3 Years||4|
|MD in Dermatology, Venereology, and Leprosy||3 Years||6|
|MD in Forensic Medicine||3 Years||2|
|MD in General Medicine||3 Years||16|
|MD in Microbiology||3 Years||4|
|M.Ch in Cardio-Thoracic and Vascular Surgery||3 Years||1|
|M.Ch in Neurosurgery||3 Years||1|
|M.Ch in Urology||3 Years||2|
|DM in Cardiology||3 Years||1|
Mahatma Gandhi Medical College Pondicherry Fee Structure-
Mahatma Gandhi Medical College of Research Institute fee structure is not expensive to pay. Students can pay the fee of MGMCRI in instalment.
Total Fee structure of MBBS
|MBBS (Year)||Fee Structure|
|1st Year||2,155,000 INR|
|2nd Year||2,155,000 INR|
|3rd Year||2,155,000 INR|
|4th Year||2,155,000 INR|
|5th Year||2,155,000 INR|
|Total MBBS fee in MGMCRI Pondicherry||10,775,000 INR|
PG Course Fee
|Postgraduate Courses||Fee for All India students||Fee for NRI Students|
|MD/MS in Anatomy||4,00,000 INR||7,000 USD|
|MD/MS in Biochemistry||4,00,000 INR||7,000 USD|
|MD/MS in Physiology||4,00,000 INR||7,000 USD|
|MD/MS in Microbiology||4,00,000 INR||7,000 USD|
|MD/MS in Pharmacology||4,00,000 INR||7,000 USD|
|MD/MS in Community Medicine||4,00,000 INR||7,000 USD|
|MD/MS in Pathology||21,00,000 INR||35,000 USD|
|MD/MS in Anesthesiology||32,00,000 INR||60,000 USD|
|MD/MS in Ophthalmology||32,00,000 INR||60,000 USD|
|MD/MS in Psychiatry||32,00,000 INR||60,000 USD|
|MD/MS in ENT||32,00,000 INR||60,000 USD|
|MD/MS in General Medicine||38,00,000 INR||65,000 USD|
|MD/MS in General Surgery||38,00,000 INR||65,000 USD|
|MD/MS in Pediatrics||38,00,000 INR||65,000 USD|
|MD/MS in Respiratory Medicine||38,00,000 INR||65,000 USD|
|MD/MS in Orthopaedics||48,00,000 INR||70,000 USD|
|MD/MS in OBGY||48,00,000 INR||70,000 USD|
|MD/MS in DVL||48,00,000 INR||70,000 USD|
|MD/MS in Radiodiagnosis||48,00,000 INR||70,000 USD|
|M.Ch in Cardio-Thoracic and Vascular Surgery||5,00,000 INR||–|
|M.Ch in Neurosurgery||5,00,000 INR||–|
|M.Ch in Urology||35,00,000 INR||–|
|DM in Cardiology||35,00,000 INR||–|
Mahatma Gandhi Medical College Pondicherry Scholarship
Brilliant students of this medical college may get scholarship aid by the administration of Mahatama Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute Aarupadai Veeedu Medical College Pondicherry. Those students who are not financially strong may get financial support or fee concession in the form of scholarship aid. They will get financial support at the beginning of the academic year. Here are the categories for a scholarship program in MGMCRI Pondicherry
- Scholarship for Brilliant students on the basis of their marks in the academic session
- Scholarship for poor students on the basis of their financial condition
- Fee concession
- State/central scholarship programs
Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute’s admin will choose the deserving candidate for the scholarship.
Mahatma Gandhi Medical College Pondicherry Ranking
Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute offers a good quality education by an experienced team of teachers. Also, the infrastructure is quite impressive of MGMCRI. According to the NIRF ranking, MGMCRI holds 14th place in the list of top medical college in India (2019).
Mahatma Gandhi Medical College Pondicherry Admission 2020
Students who want to choose Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute for medical studies must need to follow the admission process. They also need to fulfil the admission eligibility criteria for admission. Students need to apply for NEET exams 2020 and pass with a really good score. It will increase the chances of seat allotment for admission in desired college and courses in the first round.
For MBBS Courses
- Students need to apply for NEET-UG 2020 exam online by the official website.
- Now pay the fee of application of NEET-UG 2020. And take printout as hard copy
- Also, He/she (Students) needs to pass the NEET UG exam with good marks, so that you get a seat in the first round of seat allotment
- MBBS Aspirants need to register themselves on the official website for NEET-UG 2020 Counselling
- Pay the fee of Counselling by online method (Net Banking, Credit Card, Debit Card etc) and take the printout in hard copy.
- Candidates need to apply for NEET PG 2020 exam
- Pay the fee of NEET PG exam and take hard copy printout of fee payment or receipt
- Pass the exam with good score in NEET PG 2020 So that you get a seat in the first round of seat allotment for PG admission.
- Next step is to register them (Students) on the official website of Medical Council Committee for NEET PG counselling 2020
- Pay the fee of counselling by online method (Net banking, Credit Card or debit card) and take a receipt from a printout.
Mahatma Gandhi Medical College Pondicherry Admission Eligibility Criteria
Admission in Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Research institute Pondicherry is invited by the NEET Exams. To get admission students must need to fulfil the admission eligibility criteria of MGMCRI Pondicherry. Apart from the eligibility criteria, students must need to apply for the NEET Exam and pass that with a good score. NEET is the main exam to get admission in any medical college.
Eligibility criteria for MBBS
Academics Qualification– MBBS Candidates must be passed the 12th exam from a valid board like CBSE, ICSE, state board exam with 50% or more marks. Students from SC/ST/OBC category are eligible if they have 40% marks in 12th board exam. Students who have completed the 12th exam from open schooling are not eligible for admission. Main subjects should be Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
Age Limit- Students must have completed 17 years age and lower than 25 year age. Candidates should be 17+ at the end of the admission year.
NEET UG 2020 Exam- NEET-UG 2020 exam is one of the admission eligibility criteria for MBBS admission in Mahatma Gandhi Medical College Pondicherry. It is the only entrance exam for MBBS admission.
A Valid MBBS Degree– It is most important for PG admission that candidate have an MBBS degree from an MCI approved medical college. One Year of Internship/Training- Students must have a certificate of one year of Internship from a valid and affiliated hospital.
Age Limit- Since there is no age limit to apply for NEET PG exam; students can apply for NEET PG exam at any age.
Mahatma Gandhi Medical College Pondicherry Cutoff Marks
It is important to get admission in MGMCRI Pondicherry that students must obtain equal or above marks than cutoff in NEET exam 2020.
MBBS Cutoff Marks
- They need to apply for NEET-UG 2020 exam and score well in NEET UG exam to get better seat according to their choice
- SC/ST/OBC category students need to score at least 40th percentile and General Category students must have 50th percentile or more in NEET UG exam.
|Category of students||Qualifying Percentile||Cutoff scores|
|General (physical Handicapped)||45th Percentile||133-120|
|OBC/SC/ST (physical Handicapped)||40th Percentile||133-107|
NEET PG 2020 Cutoff
Students who want to get admission in postgraduate courses offered by the Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Research Institution Pondicherry. Students who have scored equal or more marks than NEET PG 2020 cutoff. General category students must have 50th percentile or more to get PG admission seat. As good marks, they will have in NEET PG exam, chances to get a seat in the first round of seat allotment increase
NEET PG cutoff of last Year
|Category||Qualify Criteria||Cut-off (Required)||Revised qualifying criteria||Revised cutoff|
|General||50th Percentile||340||44th Percentile||313|
|Persons with Disability (UR)||45th Percentile||317||39th Percentile||291|
|SC/ST/OBC||40th Percentile||295||34th Percentile||270|
Counselling Process for Mahatma Gandhi Medical College Pondicherry
For NEET Counselling, students need to register themselves on the official website. Students who want admission in MBBS course, need to register for NEET UG counselling. Similarly, students who want to get admission in PG courses for Medicine, need to register themselves on the official website of Medical Council Committee for NEET PG counselling.
For Undergraduate Counselling
- Register online- Students need to register for NEET UG Counselling 2020. They need to visit the official website for the registration process.
- Choice Selection- Students need to choose the course and college according to preferences.
- Seat allotment- Students who scored well according to cutoff marks then they may seat in the first round of seat allotment.
- Reporting and admission- Students who got selected and offered a seat in seat allotment (First Round), they will be asked to report at college with required documents for admission process.
- Second Round registration- rest of the Students need to register them again.
- Choice filling for the second round- Fill the choices according to preferences.
- Second Round of seat allotment- Desired students can get seats in the second round of seat allotment.
- Admission process for Final Round- Students who got a seat after the final round of seat allotment (second round) need to present at the college campus with required documents in the given deadlines for admission.
Post Graduate Counselling
- Registration online- Students are required to register themselves on the official website of Medical Council Committee for NEET PG counselling by online method. The website is mcc.mic.in
- Choice Feeling- Students can choose their choice related to course and college according to their preferences
- Seat allotment for First Round- Selected students who obtained good marks NEET PG exam, will get a seat in First round of seat allotment
- Admission and Reporting at college- Students who got seat need to report at a college campus with required documents for admission within the deadlines.
- Second round registration- Again students need to register again for vacant seats. Students need to visit the official website for registration.
- Second-round choice filling- Students need to fill the Choice according to their preferences and vacant seat.
- Second round of Seat allotment- Student may get seat according to their choices on the basis of their marks.
- Admission and reporting at college- At the final step, students who got the seat in seat allotment (second round), have to report at a college campus with required documents.
Required documents for UG admission In Mahatma Gandhi Medical College Pondicherry
Mark sheets of School board exams (10th and 12th) from any valid board like ICSE, CBSE or state board.
- Admit card of NEET UG exam 2020
- Scorecard of NEET PG 2020
- Birth certificate of the Candidate
- Photo ID card issued by Government (Aadhar Card, Passport, Driving License etc.)
- Recent passport size Photographs, at least 8 Copies (Colored)
- Caste Certificate (if required)
Required Documents for PG admission in Mahatma Gandhi Medical College Pondicherry
MBBS Certificate from a Valid Medical College that has approval from the Medical Council of India (MCI)
- Certificate from Medical Council of India
- Training certificate from an affiliate institution
- Copy of online counselling certification
- Photo Identity Card issued by govt. (Aadhar Card, Passport, Driving License etc)
- Recent passport size Photographs (at least 8)
- NEET PG 2020 Score Card and Admit Card
- Caste Certificate (if required)
- Birth Certificate of PG candidate
Hostel fee in Mahatma Gandhi Medical College Pondicherry
Students must pay around 10,000 INR as hostel fee. This fee excluding the mess charges and security fee. However, the security money will be paid only one time and its refundable.
|Hostel Accommodation||For Boys and Girls (Separate)|
|Fees||10,000 INR monthly|
|Room type||Sharing or private rooms|
Facilities and amenities inside the campus
- Separate Hostel accommodation for Boys and Girls
- Medical Facilities
- AC auditorium
- Wi-fi Campus
- 24 hrs security
- CCTV cameras
- Computer Labs
- Sports and Games facilities
- Anti Raging Campus