Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences Wardha is one of the prestigious and oldest Medical Colleges of India. it was established in the year 1969 in Sevagram (Wardha). Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences is also known as MGIMS Wardha. It is the first rural medical college of India and managed by Kasturba Health Society Wardha. This well Named medical college is affiliated by Nagpur University from 1969 to 1997. After that, it is now affiliated with Maharashtra University of Health Science Nashik.
[formidable id=”1″ title=”1″]
We have collected information related to MGIMS courses, Fee structure, admission process, admission eligibility criteria, and counselling process, etc.
Quick Summary of Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences Wardha
|Full Name of Medical College||Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences Wardha|
|Also Known as||MGIMS Wardha|
|Location||Sevagram (Wardha, Maharashtra)|
|College Type||Private College|
|Affiliated with||Maharashtra University of Health Science, Nashik (Maharashtra)|
|Approved by||Medical Council of India (MCI)|
|Types of Courses||MBBS
|Official Website of College||https://www.mgims.ac.in|
|Hostels||Separate for Boys and Girls|
|Admission Exam||NEET UG and NEET PG 2020|
|Campus Size||458 Acres|
|Accreditation||NAAC A Grading|
Infrastructure and Staffs
This old and prestigious medical College has an experienced teaching team and all the mandatory facilities for student’s knowledge enhancement. The staffs take care of the student’s need related to their studies.
Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences Wardha Courses
MGIMS Wardha UG Course
The Aspirants want to study in MGIMS Wardha, need to know the courses offered by Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences. MBBS is one the top course of this medical college. 100 students can take admission in a session and the duration is 5.6 years.
|Undergraduate Course||Intake||Course duration|
|MBBS (Bachelors in Medicine and Bachelors in Surgery)||100||4.6 Years and one year training or internship (Mandatory)|
Postgraduate Courses in MGIMS Wardha
|MD/MS in Anatomy||2||3 Years|
|MD/MS in Physiology||2||3 Years|
|MD/MS in Biochemistry||2||3 Years|
|MD/MS in Pathology||4||3 Years|
|MD/MS in Microbiology||5||3 Years|
|MD/MS in Pharmacology||4||3 Years|
|MD/MS in Forensic Medicine||2||3 Years|
|MD/MS in Community Medicine||5||3 Years|
|MD/MS in Psychiatry||2||3 Years|
|MD/MS in Skin & V.D.||2||3 Years|
|MD/MS in Pediatrics||4||3 Years|
|MD/MS in Obst.& Gynae||6||3 Years|
|MD/MS in General Surgery||4||3 Years|
|MD/MS in Radiology||4||3 Years|
|MD/MS in Orthopedics||4||3 Years|
|MD/MS in Anesthesiology||5||3 Years|
|MD/MS in ENT||3||3 Years|
|MD/MS in Ophthalmology||5||3 Years|
|MD/MS in Radiotherapy||1||3 Years|
|PG Diploma||15||2 Years|
Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences Wardha Fee structure
MBBS fee in MGIMS Wardha
|MBBS (Year)||Fee Structure|
|1st Year||200,000 INR|
|2nd Year||150,000 INR|
|3rd Year||150,000 INR|
|4th Year||150,000 INR|
|5th Year||150,000 INR|
|Total MBBS fee in MGIMS Wardha||800,000 INR|
PG Courses Fee Structure
Steps to Apply Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences Wardha
To get admission in Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, students need to follow a process and do it step-by-step. Also, they need to full fill the admission eligibility criteria of and pass the NEET exam.
MGIMS Wardha Admission process
- Admission eligibility criteria are the first step to get admission in this MGIMS Wardha.
- Next step is to apply the application of NEET 2020 and pass the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test Undergraduate 2020 (NEET UG 2020). For Postgraduate admission, the process is the same but the exam is NEET PG 2020
- Now, students need to wait for counselling, if they are eligible and deserving candidate for the medical seat then they will get it.
Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences Wardha Admission Eligibility Criteria
MGIMS Wardha For MBBS admission (UG)
Age- 17 years is the minimum required age for admission in this medical college. Students must be completed 17 years but not more than 25 years for admission in Under Graduate courses.
Academics- Applying candidates must have a good score in 12th board exam. MBBS Students must have 50% or more marks in 12th board and 40% or more for SC/ST/OBC category candidates. Physics, Chemistry and Biology are Main subjects of 12th for medical admission.
NEET UG Exam- As mentioned above, this exam is mandatory to pass every student who wishes to get an MBBS admission. Because Medical admission in Under Graduate course is only invited by NEET-UG exam scorecard.
Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences Wardha Cutoff
- MBBS Students must gain the qualifying marks in NEET UG 2020 exam to get MBBS admission in Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences.
- SC/ST/OBC Category candidates are required to gain at least 40th percentile and candidates who belongs to Unreserved category are required to score at least 50th percentile or More.
Undergraduate Cutoff of last year
|Category of students||Qualifying Percentile||Cutoff scores|
|General (physical Handicapped)||45th Percentile||133-120|
|OBC/SC/ST (physical Handicapped)||40th Percentile||133-107|
NEET PG 2020 Cutoff
Postgraduate Admission in MGIMS is invited by NEET PG exam 2020. Postgraduate Students who have scored good marks in NEET PG 2020 can get PG admission in MGIMS only if they eligible.
NEET PG cutoff of last Year
|Category||Qualify Criteria||Cut-off (Required)||Revised qualifying criteria||Revised cutoff|
|General||50th Percentile||340||44th Percentile||313|
|Persons with Disability (UR)||45th Percentile||317||39th Percentile||291|
|SC/ST/OBC||40th Percentile||295||34th Percentile||270|
Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences Wardha Counseling for All India quota
For Undergraduate Courses
A student who is seeking for an MBBS admission in Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences needs to visit on the official Website of the DMERM (Directorate of Medical Education and Research Maharashtra) to register for NEET UG Counseling 2020. So, here is the Maharashtra NEET 2020 Counseling schedule.
- Candidate’s registration Online- Aspirants need to register them on the official Website of DMERM for Undergraduate Courses Counseling.
- Choice Filling – Now, an MBBS aspirant needs to fill the favourite courses and colleges according to their interest.
- Seat Allotment – In the first round of seat allotment, MBBS Students will get MBBS seat in favourite college first round of Seat allotment. They will get admission if they deserve.
- Reporting and Admission for First Round- After the first round of Seat allotment, if an MBBS candidate accepts the seat offered to him/her then next step is to proceed for admission process and complete the formalities of enrollment. Also, if they are not happy with the seat allotted to them then he/she can reject the seat. But this power is only for the first round.
- Registration for Second Round- Again Students who haven’t got a seat in the first round of seat allotment, according to their interest. Then they need to register again on the website for seat allotment of the second round.
- Choice Filling for Round 2- Students have to choose their favourite course and college again online on the website during registration.
- Seat allotment of 2nd Round- Second round of seat allotment conducted by state Counseling board. Students may get a medical seat after the second round of seat allotment. Only if they deserve.
- Admission (Final round) – After, completing all steps and rounds, those medical students who have got medical seat can proceed for admission formalities. They are not allowed to reject that seat allowed them according to the orders of the honourable Supreme Court of India.
Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences Wardha PG Counseling
- Registration- To get admission in PG courses, registration is the first step on the official Website of the Medical Council Committee (MCC).
- Choice fills (online) – Students who want to pursue MD/MS courses, they need to choose the courses and College according to their interest.
- Seat allotment- First round of Seat allotment for PG admission, deserving students will get a seat, they can either accept or reject it.
- Admission and reporting- If students accept the seat they can proceed for admission process and formalities.
- Second round registration- Students who haven’t got a seat in the first round of seat allotment, they need to re-apply or register for seat allotment.
- Second Round of Choice filling- Post Graduate courses Candidates need to make their choices and selection in second round of seat allotment.
- Second Round of Seat allotment- Seat allotment for the second round is second last stage for PG admission. If a candidate is eligible for a seat then he/she can get seat in the second round of seat allotment.
- Admission (Final Step)- All the steps have been completed. Now, Students have to complete the admission formalities and process. According to seat Supreme Court of India, Students cannot reject the seat after the second round of seat allotment.
Required document for UG admission
- Mark sheets of School board exams (10th and 12th)
- Scorecard and Admit card of NEET UG 2020 Exam
- Birth certificate of the Candidate
- Photo Id Card issued by Government (Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Driver License etc)
- Recent passport size Photographs, at least 8
- Caste Certificate (if required)
- PwD Certificate (if required)
Required Documents for PG admission
- MBBS Certificate from a Valid Medical College
- Certificate from Medical Council of India
- Training certificate from an affiliate institution
- Recent passport Size Photographs (at least 8)
- NEET PG 2020 Score Card and Admit Card
- Caste Certificate (if required)
- Birth Certificate of PG candidate.
- Copy of online counselling certification from West Bengal medical Counseling committee
- Photo Identity Card (govt.) (Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Driver License etc)
Hostel fee of Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences Wardha
Usually, students need to pay 51,000 INR annually to accommodate in Medical College hostels
|Particular||Fees per Annum|
|For Girls||51,000 INR|
|For Boys||48,360 INR|
|Security Money||5,000 INR|
|Mess Deposit||5,000 INR|
Facilities for Students
- Medical Facilities
- Advanced and upgraded library
- AC auditorium
- Separate Boys and Girls Hostels
- Easy and pocket-friendly Transport facilities
- Computer Labs
- Internet Facilities (Wi-Fi Campus)
- Sports Facilities (Cricket Ground, Football ground and etc)
- Mess and Cafeteria
- Laboratories with advanced labs
- Infrastructure Upgraded with advance technology