Madras Institute of Technology is an engineering Institution, which is informally known as the MIT and it is located in the Chromepet region of the Indian southern region. It was established in the year of 1949 and is offering the engineering education under the moto of “In the services of India”.
Direct Admission Enquiry Form
The Institute is affiliated from the Anna University and can be considered as the self financed autonomous engineering body. The Institute is famous for its special program of the avionics and the mechatronics program of engineering.
So, if you are willing to study the engineering courses from the Madras Institute of Technology then you should be going ahead with this article.
Here in this article we have covered the information about the various courses offerings from the Institute, which would help you to plan your engineering program accordingly.
Courses Offered By the Madras Institute of Technology
Madras Institute of Technology offers almost all kinds of engineering courses in the bachelor and the masters programs. You can study the desired course of engineering from this Institute and here below we are providing you the list of courses from the Institute.
Engineering Domain Courses
- Bachelor of Technology
- Chemical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electronic Communication Engineering etc.
- Postgraduate Engineering Program
- Master of Technology and all other engineering courses.
These are the courses that you can study from the Institute as per your preference and by following the eligibility criteria of the Institute.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission in Madras Institute of Institute for Indian Students
If your dream is to study your desired course from the Madras Technical Institute then you must satisfy the admission eligibility criteria for the Institute in order to secure your admission within the Institute.
The admission criteria in the simple words can be defined as some basic requirements from the Institute which must be met by the students who are seeking their admission into the Institute.
Below we are providing you the admission eligibility criteria for the Indian students.
- The candidate must of the minimum age of 18 years and an Indian citizen.
- The minimum passing grade of the candidate must be of 10+2 exams from the recognized board of studies such as CBSE etc.
- The majority of the admission in the Institute for the engineering education is based on the TNEA counseling hence the candidate needs to qualify the counseling session of the Institute.
- Candidate would be required to score the minimum marks of 50% in 10+2 exams in the subjects of physics chemistry and mathematics to seek admission into the majority of the undergraduates program of the Institute.
These are the core eligibility criteria which need to be satisfied by the Indian students in order to seek admission into the Graduates courses of the Institute.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission into the Madras Institute of Technology for the International Students
If you are an international/foreign or the non Indian resident person and looking forward for the admission ahead in the MIT Institute, then you are required to meet out the following admission criteria.
- Candidate must have passed out the 12 years of studies into the subjects of Physics,chemistry and mathematics and the minimum passing percentage should be 50%
- The international candidate will be required to submit the attested copies of the passport and Visa to the Institute.
- The minimum age of the candidate must be 18 years while the maximum age should be 25 years with some age relaxation for the reserved group of the candidates.
- The medium of the study in the 10+2 examination for the international students must be English language.
- The foreign or the international students will be required to provide the equivalence certificate to the Institute which has been issued by the Association of Indian Universities to the concerned candidate.
- The candidates may also be asked for the accredited status of the Institute or the educational board from where the international candidate has qualified the last exam.
So, these are the admission eligibility criteria for the foreign students which must be met out accordingly.
Admission Process in the Madras Institute of Technology
You need to understand here the fact that there is a difference between the admission eligibility criteria and the admission process of the Institute.
The eligibility crtiera makes a candidate eligible to apply for the admission into the concerned Institute, while the admissions process includes the procedure of getting admission into the particular course of the Institute.
Here below you will get the admission process of the Madras Institute of Technology for its various courses.
Admission Process of Madras Institute of Technology for the Undergraduate Courses
As we know that the Madras Institute of Technology is famous for its engineering programs both in the Undergraduate and the postgraduates programs.
If you are looking forward to study any bachelor’s degree from the Institute, then you must fulfill the following eligibility criteria of the Institute.
- Engineering Domain Undergraduates Courses- B.Tech in all the streams.
- Candidate must have passed out the 10+2 exam in the subjects of physics chemistry and mathematics along with the minimum passing marks aggregate of the 50% marks.
- The minimum age of the candidate must be 18 years while the maximum should be 25 years at the time of admission.
- The B.Tech and the B.E aspiring candidates will be allotted the admission on the basis of their TNEA Counseling session.
- Candidates who have qualified the exam of either GATE or TANCET are eligible to seek the direct admission into any engineering stream of the Institute.
- Admission process of the Institute for the admission into the Bachelor of Architecture(B.Arch) Program
Well, if you are seeking admission into the Bachelor of Architecture program of the Institute then you need to qualify the below criteria.
- Candidate must have passed out the 10+2 examination with the compulsory subject of the mathematics.
- Further the candidate must have qualified the entrance exam of the National Aptitude Test for Architecture (NATA)
- The minimum score of the NATA qualified exam must be 80 marks out of the 200.
- Other Undergraduates Programs of the Institute
Candidates can seek admission into the other undergraduates programs if they have scored minimum of the 50% marks in the relevant stream.
Admission Process of the Madras Institute of Technology for the Postgraduate Programs
Well, if your goal is to earn the postgraduate degree from the Madras Institute of Technology from any stream then you need to fulfill the following criteria.
- Admission into the Engineering Stream Postgraduate Course- M.Tech in all the stream
- Here candidate needs to score minimum of the 60% qualifying marks in the undergraduate engineering stream.
- The admission process for the engineering postgraduates courses will be based on the merit list.
- Admission into the M.Arch Courses of the Madras Institute of Technology
- Candidate needs to have the bachelor degree in the architecture stream with the minimum marks of the 60%.
- Other Regular Postgraduate Courses of the Institute
Candidates can seek admission into the other domain of studies on the basis of the merit of the Madras Institute of Technology. The candidates must be having the graduate degree in the relevant stream
Fee Structure of the Madras Institute of Technology
|Name of the Course||Duration of the Course||Fee Structure of the Institute|
|Bachelor of Technology||4 Years||79340 Full Program|
|Bachelor of Engineering||4 Years||600000 Full Program|
|Master of Engineering||2 Years||135660 Full Program|
|Master of Technology||2 Years||135660 Full Program|
|Master of Philosophy||2 Years||20000 Full Program|
Scholarship Program of the Madras Institute of Technology
Well if you are competent enough to have admission into the Madras Institute of Technology but the fee Structure of the Institute is holding you back from your admission then you might be the deserving candidate for the scholarship program of the Institute.
Madras Institute of Technology grants the scholarship program to every such potential student who wants to study their dream courses from the Institute but aren’t able to afford the fee of the Institute.
Here below we are providing you the scholarship program’s eligibility criteria of the Institute for your concern.
You can get several types of the scholarship program from the Institute which are extended to both types of students, who have performed exceptionally well into their academics and who come from the financially weaker backgrounds family.
If you have scored well in your academics and your parents Income falls within the scholarship eligibility crtieria of the Institute, then you can avail the scholarship program of the Institute. The candidates who belong to the SC/ST group of community are also eligible for the scholarship program of the Institute.
There is not any clear eligibility criteria and the quantum of scholarship from the Institute yet, hence we advise you to visit the official website of the Institute to get more detailed information about the scholarship program of the Institute.
You can also visit the campus of the Institute to get the most accurate information about the scholarship program.
Facilities Provided by the Madras Institute of Technology
Madras Institute is the most renowned engineering institution of the Tamilnadu state which is not famous only for the standard of education but also for the facilities which are provided by the Institute.
The Institute understands the relevance of the basic necessities which are require by the students in the course of their studies and hence offer them all kinds of basic facilities in the campus.
Here below we are providing you the list of facilities which you will get in the educational campus of the Madras Institute of Technology.
- Internet and library facilities for the students where students can upgrade their levels of knowledge and explore the new things.
- Medical and healthcare facilities for the students on the 24/7 basis.
- Mess and the hostel facilities for the healthy food supplies and the proper shelters.
- The healthy and the hygienic water supply within the entire campus.
Sports ground and gym facilities.
- You can find canteen within the campus to enjoy your favorite snacks.
These are the basic facilities offered by the Madras Institute of Technology to its students, so that they don’t lack any of these basic facilities and can study the desired course in the comfortable manner.
How to get the Admit Card of the Madras Institute of Technology
Admit card is a significant document which is issued by the Institute to its students who are studying any kind of course within the Institute and have applied for the exam of that course.
In the admit card all the exam relevant information about the candidate are mentioned so that the credentials of the candidate can be checked.
So, if you are looking for the way that how can you get the admit card of the Madras Institute of Technology Institute then here below we are providing you the step by step guide.
- First of all you need to open your Google search engine and visit the official website of the Institute.
- The URL of the Institute is http://www.mitindia.edu/en/
- Once you arrive at the website then there in the home section of the Institute you will see the admit card window.
- Click on that and the admit card window will get open.
- Now there in that window you need to provide your exam related registration details and submit them.
- After the successfully submission of the details you will be able to see the admit card.
- Now finally you can download or print your admit card.
You are advised to check all the printed information on the admit card that whether they are correct or not. Once you are satisfied with the printed information on the admit card then you can carry this admit card with you in the examination hall to appear in the exam.
Counseling and the other announcements by the Madras Institute of Technology
Counseling is a very significant session of the Madras Institute of Technology, which is conducted by the Institute especially to make the communications with the students.
In the counseling session of the Institute the students can raise their questions regarding the admission process of the Institute, and can also about the scope of the courses from the Institute.
The counseling session of the Institute will help them to understand the future protective for the concerned student, if that student undertakes the particular course of the Institute