Krishna Institute of Medical Science Karad is one of the well-named and famous medical colleges of Maharashtra. It was founded in 1984. Krishna medical college Karad is also known by KIMS Karad. It is affiliated by Krishna Institute of Medical Science University Karad. KIMS Karad has approval from the Medical Council of India (MCI).
All the information related to KIMS Karad including teaching team, infrastructure, courses & fee structure, admission process and eligibility criteria and facilities for students available inside the college campus is mentioned below.KIMS is an Ideal educational institution for Medical studies. Training equipments and experienced teaching team uplifts its ranking and quality of education.
Quick Look of Krishna Institute of Medical Science
|Full Name of Medical College||Krishna Institute of Medical Science, Karad|
|Also Known as||KIMS Karad or Krishna Medical College Karad|
|College Type||Private College|
|Affiliated with||Krishna Institute of Medical University Karad (Deemed University)|
|Approved by||Medical Council of India (MCI)|
|Types of Courses||MBBS|
|Official Website of College||http://www.kimskarad.in/|
|Hostels||Separate for Boys and Girls|
|Admission Exam||NEET UG and NEET PG 2020|
|Campus Size||55 Acres|
Faculties and Infrastructure of Krishna Institute of Medical Science
KIMS Karad is popularly known for its advanced infrastructure and experienced team. They are humble and totally dedicate to enhance students knowledge and training. Non-teaching staffs are focused on student’s assistance.
Krishna Institute of Medical Science Karad Courses
KIMS Karad offers an MBBS course for Medical students. Duration of the course is 5.6 years and total seats are 200 in Krishna Medical College Karad. Students who want to get enrolled in this College have to fulfil the admission eligibility criteria
|Undergraduate Course||Intake||Course duration|
|MBBS (Bachelors in Medicine and Bachelors in Surgery)||200||4.6 years and one year of training or internship (Mandatory)|
Post Graduate Courses in Krishna Institute of Medical Science
|MS in General Surgery||10||3 Years|
|MS in Orthopedics||4||3 Years|
|MD in General Medicine||13||3 Years|
|MD in Pediatrics||6||3 Years|
|MS in Obs./Gyn.||7||3 Years|
|MD in Radiology||4||3 Years|
|MD in Anesthesia||6||3 Years|
|MS in ENT||2||3 Years|
|MS in Ophthalmology||4||3 Years|
|MD in Dermatology||2||3 Years|
|MD in Pharmacology||4||3 Years|
|MD in Microbiology||1||3 Years|
|MD in Community Medicine (PSM)||2||3 Years|
|MD in Pathology||8||3 Years|
|MD in Anatomy||3||3 Years|
|MD in Physiology||1||3 Years|
|MD in Biochemistry||2||3 Years|
Krishna Institute of Medical Science Fee structure
MBBS fee in KIMS Karad
|MBBS (Year)||Fee Structure|
|1st Year||2,100,000 INR|
|2nd Year||1,950,000 INR|
|3rd Year||1,950,000 INR|
|4th Year||1,950,000 INR|
|5th Year||1,950,000 INR|
|Total MBBS fee in KIMS Karad||9,900,000 INR|
|For NRI students||50,000 USD per Year (3,500,000 INR)|
|Total Fee for NRI students||265,500 USD (18,585,000 INR)|
MD/MS courses Fee in Krishna Institute of Medical Science Karad
|PG Course||Fees for All India Quota|
|MD/MS in Anatomy||2,00,000 INR|
|MD/MS in Physiology||2,00,000 INR|
|MD/MS in Biochemistry||2,00,000 INR|
|MD/MS in Microbiology||2,00,000 INR|
|MD/MS in Pharmacology||2,00,000 INR|
|MD/MS in PSM||4,00,000 INR|
|MD/MS in Pathology||14,00,000 INR|
|MD/MS in Anesthesia||17,00,000 INR|
|MD/MS in ENT||17,00,000 INR|
|MD/MS in Obs./Gyn||24,00,000 INR|
|MD/MS in Pediatrics||24,00,000 INR|
|MD/MS in Medicine||24,00,000 INR|
|MD/MS in Radiodiagnosis||24,00,000 INR|
|MD/MS in Dermatology||24,00,000 INR|
|MD/MS in Ophthalmology||24,00,000 INR|
|MD/MS in Orthopedics||24,00,000 INR|
|MD/MS in General Surgery||24,00,000 INR|
Steps to apply in Krishna Institute of Medical Science Karad
Every prestigious college offers admission but in a systematic way. Krishna Medical College Karad admission process is very simple. Three basic steps to get admission in this medical college
Krishna Institute of Medical Science Karad Admission process
- Admission eligibility criteria are the first step to get admission in this medical college.
- The second step is to apply and pass the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test Undergraduate 2020 (NEET UG 2020). For Postgraduate admission, the process is the same but the exam is NEET PG 2020
- Now, students need to wait for counselling, if they are eligible and deserving candidate for the medical seat then they will get it.
Krishna Institute of Medical Science Karad Admission Eligibility Criteria
For MBBS admission (UG):
Age- 17 years is the minimum required age for admission in this medical college. He/she (Aspirants) must be completed 17 years but not more than 25 years for admission in UG courses.
Academics- Applying candidate must have good score in 12th board exam. Students must have 50% or above marks in 12th board and 40% or above for SC/ST/OBC candidates. Physics, Chemistry and Biology are Main subjects of 12th for medical admission.
NEET UG Exam- As mentioned above, this exam is mandatory to pass every student who wishes to get an MBBS admission. Because Medical admission in Under Graduate course is only invited by NEET-UG exam scorecard.
Krishna Institute of Medical Science Karad Cut-off
- MBBS Aspirants must gain the qualifying score in NEET UG exam to get admission in Krishna Institute of Medical science.
- SC/ST/OBC candidates are required to gain at least 40th percentile and candidates who belong to General category are required to score at least 50th percentile or More.
Undergraduate Cutoff of last year
|Category of students||Qualifying Percentile||Cutoff scores|
|General (physical Handicapped)||45th Percentile||133-120|
|OBC/SC/ST (physical Handicapped)||40th Percentile||133-107|
NEET PG 2020 Cutoff
Postgraduate Admission in KIMS is invited by NEET PG exam 2020. PG Candidates who have scored good marks in NEET PG 2020 can get PG admission in KIMS only if they are deserving.
NEET PG cutoff of last Year
|Category||Qualify Criteria||Cut-off (Required)||Revised qualifying criteria||Revised cutoff|
|General||50th Percentile||340||44th Percentile||313|
|Persons with Disability (UR)||45th Percentile||317||39th Percentile||291|
|SC/ST/OBC||40th Percentile||295||34th Percentile||270|
Krishna Institute of Medical Science Karad Counseling for All India Quota
For Undergraduate Courses
A student needs to visit on the official Website of the Directorate of Medical Education and Research, Maharashtra to get registered for NEET UG 2020. Here is the Maharashtra NEET 2020 Counseling schedule.
- Candidate’s registration Online- Students need to register themselves on the official Website of DMERM for Undergraduate Courses Counseling.
- Choice Filling – Now, MBBS aspirant has to choose the course & Colleges according to their interest by online Method according to their interest.
- Seat Allotment – MBBS Students will get a medical seat in their favourite college first round of Seat allotment if they are a deserving candidate for Medical seat.
- Reporting and Admission- If an MBBS candidate accepts the seat offered to him/her then they can proceed for admission process and complete the formalities. Also, if they are not satisfied with seat allotment then he/she can reject the seat.
- Registration for Second Round- Students who haven’t got any seat in the first round of seat allotment, according to their interest.
- Choice Filling for Round 2- Students have to choose their favourite course and college again online.
- Seat allotment of 2nd Round- Second round of seat allotment conducted by the college Administration. Students may get a medical seat after the second round of seat allotment.
- Admission (Final round)- After, completing all steps, Medical students can get admission on the seat allotted to them. According to orders of the honourable Supreme Court of India, medical students cannot reject the seat once allotted after the second round.
Krishna Institute of Medical Science Karad PG Counseling
- Registration- For PG Admission registration is the first step on the official Website of Medical Council Committee (MCC).
- Choice fills (online) – Students who are pursuing the MD/MS course need to choose the course and College according to their interest.
- Seat allotment- Seat allotment for PG admission, students may get a seat in the first round of Seat allotment. If they are deserving then they will get, It’s up to them that they accept it or reject it.
- Second round registration- Deserving candidates have got their seats and now rest of the candidates have to do registration for the second round.
- Second Round of Choice filling- PG courses Candidates need to make a choice selection in the second round.
- Second Round of Seat allotment- Seat allotment for the second round is second last stage for PG admission.
- Admission (Final Step)- All the steps have been done. Now, Students have to fulfil the admission formalities. Students cannot reject the seat after the second round of seat allotment.
Krishna Institute of Medical Science Karad Required document
Required document for UG admission
- Mark sheets of School board exams (10th and 12th)
- Scorecard and Admit card of NEET UG 2020 Exam
- Birth certificate of the Candidate
- Photo Id Card issued by Government (Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Driver License etc)
- Recent passport size Photographs, at least 8
- Caste Certificate (if required)
Required Documents for PG admission
- MBBS Certificate from a Valid Medical College
- Certificate from Medical Council of India
- Training certificate from an affiliate institution
- Copy of online counselling certification from West Bengal medical Counseling committee
- Photo Identity Card (govt.) (Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Driver License etc)
- Recent passport size Photographs (at least 8)
- NEET PG 2020 Score Card and Admit Card
- Caste Certificate (if required)
- Birth Certificate of PG candidate.
Hostel fee of Krishna Institute of Medical Science Karad
Usually, students need to pay 6,000 INR monthly to accommodate in Medical College hostels
Available facilities for students
- Separate hostels for Boys and Girls
- Advanced Library
- AC auditorium
- Medical Facilities
- Banking Facilities
- IT infrastructure
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the total fee of the MBBS course in Krishna Medical college?
A. 10,000,000 INR (Approx.) is the total fee for regional Indian students and 18,600,000 INR is for NRI Students.
Q. How many students can get MBBS admission in a batch?
A. 200 students can take admission in an MBBS batch.