Institute of Medical Sciences and SUM hospital Bhubaneswar is undoubtedly a well-named college for medical education in Odisha. It was established in 2007 and have all the latest facilities for medical studies. It is also known as IMS & SUM Hospital Bhubaneswar. This medical college is affiliated by Utkal University (One of the prestigious university of Odisha), and have approval from the Medical Council of India. Before getting enrolled in this college, students need to know about the courses, fee structure, admission process, admission steps, admission eligibility criteria, hostel facilities, infrastructure, scholarship programs and other important factors or the college.
[formidable id=”1″ title=”1″]
IMS and SUM Hospital Bhubaneswar summary
|Full Name of Medical College||Institute of Medical Sciences and SUM Hospital, Bhubaneswar|
|Also Known as||IMS and SUM Hospital Bhubaneswar|
|College Type||Private College|
|Affiliated with||Shiksha o Anusandhan & Utkal University|
|Approved by||Medical Council of India (MCI)|
|Types of Courses||MBBS
|Official Website of College||https://www.doa.ac.in/ims-sum-hospital|
|Hostels||Separate for Boys and Girls|
|Admission Exam||NEET UG and NEET PG 2020|
|Campus Size||116 Acres|
IMS and SUM Hospital Bhubaneswar infrastructure and teaching staffs
One of the prestigious medical colleges of Odisha, IMS & Sum Hospital has many resources and facilities to enhance student’s knowledge. The experienced team of teachers is supportive and humble with students who are studying there. The Non-teaching staffs of the medical college is dedicated for students support. Six smart teaching theaters with e-teaching facilities to provide students a better education. Also, internet facilities are available for students.
IMS and SUM Hospital Bhubaneswar courses
IMS and SUM Hospital Bhubaneswar offers an MBBS course for Medical students. Students who want to get MBBS admission need to qualify the admission eligibility criteria of the medical college. MBBS Duration of the course is 4.6 years excluding one year of internship from a valid hospital. Number of Intakes are available in this college are 150.
|Undergraduate Course||Intake||Course duration|
|MBBS (Bachelors in Medicine and Bachelors in Surgery)||150||4.6 Years and one year training or internship (Mandatory)|
Post Graduate Courses
|MS in ENT||3 years|
|MS in General Surgery||3 years|
|MS in Ophthalmology||3 years|
|MS in Orthopedics||3 years|
|MS in OBG||3 years|
|MD in Anesthesiology||3 years|
|MD in Anatomy||3 years|
|MD in Biochemistry||3 years|
|MD in Community Medicine||3 years|
|MD in DVL||3 years|
|MD in Forensic Medicine & Toxicology||3 years|
|MD in General Medicine||3 years|
|MD in Immune Hematology & Blood Transfusion||3 years|
|MD in Microbiology||3 years|
|MD in Pathology||3 years|
|MD in Pediatric||3 years|
|MD in Pharmacology||3 years|
|MD in Physiology||3 years|
|MD in Psychiatric||3 years|
|MD in Radio-Diagnosis||3 years|
|MD in Pulmonary Medicine||3 years|
IMS and SUM Hospital Bhubaneswar fee structure
IMS and SUM Hospital Bhubaneswar UG MBBS fee structure
MBBS fee in IMS and SUM Hospital Bhubaneswar
|MBBS (Year)||Fee Structure|
|1st Year||1,790,000 INR|
|2nd Year||1,790,000 INR|
|3rd Year||1,790,000 INR|
|4th Year||1,790,000 INR|
|5th Year||1,790,000 INR|
|Total MBBS fee in KIMS Karad||8,950,000 INR|
|For NRI students||45,000 USD per Year (3,150,000 INR)|
|Total Fee for NRI students||15,750,000 INR|
IMS and SUM Hospital Bhubaneswar Post Graduation Fee
|PG Courses||Annual Fee|
|MS in ENT||3,00,000 INR|
|MS in General Surgery||3,00,000 INR|
|MS in Ophthalmology||3,00,000 INR|
|MS in Orthopedics||3,00,000 INR|
|MS in OBG||3,00,000 INR|
|MD in Anesthesiology||4,00,000 INR|
|MD in Anatomy||4,00,000 INR|
|MD in Biochemistry||4,00,000 INR|
|MD in Community Medicine||4,00,000 INR|
|MD in DVL||4,00,000 INR|
|MD in Forensic Medicine & Toxicology||4,00,000 INR|
|MD in General Medicine||4,00,000 INR|
|MD in Immune Hematology & Blood ;Transfusion||4,00,000 INR|
|MD in Microbiology||4,00,000 INR|
|MD in Pathology||4,00,000 INR|
|MD in Pediatric||4,00,000 INR|
|MD in Pharmacology||4,00,000 INR|
|MD in Physiology||4,00,000 INR|
|MD in Psychiatric||4,00,000 INR|
|MD in Radio-Diagnosis||4,00,000 INR|
|MD in Pulmonary Medicine||4,00,000 INR|
IMS and SUM Hospital Bhubaneswar scholarship
Scholarship is most needed part of any student’s college life. IMS & SUM hospital provides a scholarship in the form of financial support Brilliant students who have scored good they may get a scholarship in the beginning of the academic session. Also, if a student is poor and not able to pay fee then they might get fee concession or financial support by college. However, its up to college administration that who they choose for the scholarship program.
Steps to apply in IMS and SUM Hospital Bhubaneswar
Students who are seeking admission in well-named college for MBBS or MD/MS studies and selected this college so here are the steps to follow to apply for admission in IMS & SUM Hospital Bhubaneswar. Students need to pass the NEET UG 2020 exam for MBBS admission, and students who want to get enrolled in PG for medicine then they need to apply and pass the NEET PG 2020 Exam. Apart from this, they also need to full fill the admission eligibility criteria.
- NEET UG exam for admission in UG Courses (MBBS Admission). Also, they need to score good to get seat in first round of seat allotment.
- Students who are seeking PG admission in this medical college, then NEET PG 2020 exam is important and score good.
- Also, Admission eligibility criteria is important and common for admission UG and PG courses.
IMS and SUM Hospital Bhubaneswar Admission Eligibility Criteria
Students need to fulfill the admission eligibility criteria for admission in this prestigious medical college. Age limit, nationality, academics and other parameters are important part of eligibility criteria.
MBBS admission UG
Age LIMIT- Students must be elder than 17 years and younger than 25 years. to get MBBS admission age limit should be between 17 to 25 years according to the admission eligibility criteria.
Academics qualification- MBBS aspirants need to score at least 50% or more if you are general category students. Also, if students belong to SC/ST/OBC category then at least 40% or more in 12th board exam standard from ICSE, CBSE or State Board. Main subjects should be Biology, chemistry and physics.
NEET UG 2020- As mentioned in this article before, students need to score well in NEET UG exam for MBBS admission. If students have a good score then they can get seat in first round of seat allotment.
MD/MS admission Criteria
MBBS Degree- Students must have an MBBS degree from a valid college that has approval from the Medical Council of India.
Age Limit- There is no age limit for PG admission in Medicine in this medical college.
NEET PG 2020- NEET PG exam is important for MD and MS admission in IMS and SUM Hospital Bhubaneswar.
IMS and SUM Hospital Bhubaneswar Cut off marks
Cutoff marks is the basic parameter to select those students who will be invited for admission in IMS & SUM Hospital Bhubaneswar. If students have scored well in NEET exams and they have cutoff marks then the chance of seat getting by them increase.
- Students who are seeking admission must have apply for NEET exam and a high score
- SC/ST/OBC Category students need to score around 40th percentile and more. Also, general category students need to score at least 50th percentile or More in NEET UG 2020.
Undergraduate Cutoff of last year
|Category of students||Qualifying Percentile||Cutoff scores|
|General (physical Handicapped)||45th Percentile||133-120|
|OBC/SC/ST (physical Handicapped)||40th Percentile||133-107|
NEET PG 2020 Cutoff
Post Graduate Courses of IMS & SUM hospital has a wide range of post graduate courses. PG admission in IMS & SUM hospital is not easy for students. they need to apply for NEET PG and prepare hard for the exam and have a good score in that exam. General category students need to get at least 50th percentile.
NEET PG cutoff of last Year
|Category||Qualify Criteria||Cut-off (Required)||Revised qualifying criteria||Revised cutoff|
|General||50th Percentile||340||44th Percentile||313|
|Persons with Disability (UR)||45th Percentile||317||39th Percentile||291|
|SC/ST/OBC||40th Percentile||295||34th Percentile||270|
Counselling process of IMS and SUM Hospital Bhubaneswar
For Undergraduate Courses
The first step is to register students on the official website of the Directorate of Medical Education and Research, Maharashtra (DMERM). Students who want to get admission in IMS and SUM Hospital Bhubaneswar will get MBBS seat by the counseling. NEET UG 2020 Counseling is conducted on the basic of cutoff score in NEET Undergraduate. Here is Maharashtra NEET 2020 Counseling routine and process.
- Registration for seat allotment- MBBS Students need to register them on the official website of Maharashtra state counseling (Online) for MBBS admission.
- Choice Filing by online – Now in the next step, students need to fill the collages and courses choice according to their interests.
- Seat Allotment – Seat allotment of first round will be the third stage Students who have scored in NEET UG exam then they will get seat in first round.
- Reporting and Admission of First round. If candidates have got seat in first round of seat allotment then they can accept the seat of reject that one. If they accept it then he/she need to report at the college campus and then go for the admission formalities.
- Registration for Second Round- MBBS Students, who haven’t got seat in first round of seat allotment, or if they did not get seat of their choice then they are required to register.
- Choice Filling for Round 2- Students have to choose their favorite course and college again online for admission on empty seats.
- Seat allotment of 2nd Round- Second round of seat allotment conducted by the college Admin on the basis of marks obtained by students in NEET UG exam. Students may get medical seat after second round of seat allotment.
- Admission (Final round)- After, completing all steps, Medical students who have got seats in second round can get admission. According to orders of the honorable Supreme Court of India, students cannot reject the seat once allotted after second round of seat allotment.
IMS and SUM Hospital Bhubaneswar PG Counseling
- Registration- For PG Admission students need to do registration is the first step on the official Website of Medical Council Committee (MCC).
- Choice filling (online) for courses and College
- Seat allotment- Seat allotment of First round for PG admission, students may get seat in first round of Seat allotment. If they deserve and scored good in NEED PG then they will get, it’s up to them that they accept it or reject it.
- Admission and reporting at college- If they get seat then they can get admission in college.
- Second round registration- Again, registration for the second round will take place
- Second Round of Choice filling- choice filling on vacant seat
- Second Round of Seat allotment- Second round of seat allotment for the vacant seat.
- Admission (Final Step)- All the steps have been done. Now, Students have to fulfill the admission formalities. Students cannot reject the seat after second round of seat allotment according to the Supreme Court of India.
Required document for UG admission
- Mark sheets of School board exams (10th and 12th) from ICSE, CBSE or state board (valid Board).
- Scorecard and Admit card of NEET UG 2020 Exam
- Birth certificate of the Candidate
- Photo Id Card issued by Government (Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Driver License etc)
- Recent passport Size Photographs, at least 8
- Caste Certificate (if Required)
Required Documents for PG admission
- MBBS Certificate from a Valid Medical College that have approval from the Medical Council of India
- Certificate from Medical Council of India
- Training certificate from an affiliate institution
- Copy of online counseling certification
- Photo Identity Card issued by govt (Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Driver License etc)
- Recent passport Size Photographs (at least 8)
- NEET PG 2020 Score Card and Admit Card
- Caste Certificate (if Required)
- Birth Certificate of PG candidate
IMS and SUM Hospital Bhubaneswar hostel life
To accommodate in Institute of Medical Sciences and SUM hospital Bhubaneswar students need to pay around 1,00,000 INR for Ac rooms and 50,000 INR. This fee excludes the security deposit and mess charges. However, the security charges are refundable and one time paid.
IMS and SUM Hospital Bhubaneswar Hostel fee
|Boarding Fees (A/c rooms) – 2 beds||1,20,000/- INR Per Annum|
|Boarding Fees (A/c rooms) – 3 Beds||90,000/- INR Per Annum|
|Boarding Fees(Non A/c Rooms)||48,000/- INR Per Annum|
|Caution Money (One time & refundable)||5,000/- INR|
IMS and SUM Hospital Bhubaneswar facilities inside the campus
- Medical Facilities
- Hostel accommodation
- AC auditorium
- Computer Labs
- Sports and Games facilities
- Cafeteria And Mess
- Well developed Library
- Anti Raging Campus
- Mess and cafeteria