GUJCET is a very significant entrance exam of the Gujarat state, which decides the fate of all those candidates who are aspiring to study Engineering and the Pharmacy courses within the state. It stands for the Gujarat Common Entrance Test and is conducted by the Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board.
The exam is mandatory in nature for all those candidates, who are seeking their Pharmacy and the Engineering admissions into the Government and the self-financed educational institutions of the state. The exam is conducted on a yearly basis throughout the state in the typical paper-pencil based offline mode.
[formidable id=”1″ title=”1″]
GUJCET 2020 Entrance exam is approaching now and there are a wide number of candidates, who are willing to go for this particular exam and make sure that they get their admission into the desired institution of the state.
Here in this article, such students can get all the basic information regarding this exam such as the GUJCET 2020 syllabus, the pattern of the exam, other important dates etc.
We urge you to go through the entire article in order to make yourself aware not just with the syllabus of this exam but also with many others of its aspects.
Overview & Important Dates of GUJCET 2020 Entrance Exam
Here in this section, we are going to provide you with the basic overview of this exam along with the schedule of important dates regarding the exam, which will enable you to easily follow up with all the concerned events of the exam.
|Overview/Name of GUJCET Exam Event||Date of/About GUJCET Exam|
|Name of Exam||Gujarat Common Entrance Test (GUJCET)|
|Level of Exam||State Level Exam|
|Exam Conducting Body||Gujarat Secondary and Higher Education Board|
|Duration of Exam||3 Hours|
|Exam Registration Date||March Last Week|
|Last Date of Registration||April 2nd Week 2020|
|Date of Exam||May 2nd Week 2020|
|Date of Admit Card||May 1st Week|
|Date of Answers Keys Release||May 3rd Week 2020|
|Date of Result||May 4, 2020|
|Counselling Date||June 1st Week 2020|
GUJCET 2020 Exam Syllabus
The syllabus is the main content of the exam which you must be aware of in order to make your preparation for the exam in a fully effective manner. Generally, the syllabus of the GUJCET exam remains the same yet we urge all the candidates to make themselves aware with the updated syllabus of the exam.
You can check out the full-fledged syllabus of GUJCET 2020 exam below.
|Electromagnetic Waves||Surface Chemistry||Ellipse||Genetics and evolution|
|Communication System||Solutions||Hyperbola||Biotechnology and its application|
|Alternating Currents& Electromagnetics Induction||Alcohols, Ethers, Phenols||3D Geometry||Human Physiology|
|Current Electricity||Electrochemistry||Parabola||Structure of Cells and its functions|
|Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation||P block elements||Circles||Reproduction|
|Magnetic Effects||Biomolecules||Vectors||Ecology and Environment|
|Electronic Devices||Aldehydes, ketones, acids||Indefinite Integration||Plants Physiology|
|Optics||Solid-state||Differentiation in Equations|
|D and f block elements|
GUJCET 2020 Admission Eligibility Criteria
The admission eligibility criteria of the GUJCET exam suggest those requirements of the exam, which must be satisfied by all the aspirants who want to appear in this exam and wish to reserve a seat for themselves.
- First of all, a candidate should be an Indian national and must belong to the state of Gujarat since the other state’s candidates are not allowed to appear in this examination.
- The parents of the candidate should also be belonging to the Gujarat origin.
- The minimum age of the candidate should be 17 years while there is no maximum age specified by the authorities.
- The candidates must have qualified the 10+2 exam from the educational board of Gujarat in the compulsory subjects of the Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- The candidates who belong to the General community must secure 45% marks in the 10+2 exam while the candidates from the other SC/ST community should avail a minimum of 40% marks.
In addition to the above-mentioned eligibility criteria, the candidate should be having some other required documents readily available with themselves.
You can check out the list of those documents here below.
- 10&12th class qualified certificate.
- Transfer certificate along with the character certificate.
- Caste certificate in case the candidate belongs to the reserved category.
- A valid certificate of income.
- Passport size photos of the candidate.
- Physical disability certificate if the candidate is physically disabled.
If you have any doubts related to the admission procedure, then you can contact the University officials from here:
GUJCET 2020 Pattern of Exam
A candidate with the full approach of qualifying any exam must first understand the pattern of the given exam since without having the understanding about the patter of the exam you can’t make your strategy to tackle the exam.
Here in this section of the article, we are providing you with the pattern of the GUJCET 2020 exam by which you can plan your strategy accordingly in an easy manner.
- Mode of Exam- Paper pencil based offline exam in the several examination centres of the state.
- Exam Sections- There will be two different sections where first would be of the physics&chemistry and the second section will be for mathmatics.
- Duration of Exam- 3 Hours in which the first 2 hours are allotted to the first section and the last hour is for the second section.
- Medium of Exam- English, Hindi, Gujarati regional language
- Questions Numbers- All the three subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Mathmatics will be having the 40 questions each which will make a total of 120 questions for the entire exam.
- Marking Pattern- Each correct answer will fetch you 1 marks while each wrong answer will take away 0.25 marks as per the negative marking pattern.
GUJCET 2020 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’S)
Well, we guess that you might be having some common queries or the questions, which you want to get resolved and therefore we are just mentioning the answers of some FAQ for your consideration.
- Is GUJCET Compulsory?
Yes, for all the Engineering, Pharmacy and other diplomas program from the government institutions the GUJCET is the gateway of admission.
- How Many Times Can I Appear in the GUJCET Exam
Well, there are no restrictions on the numbers of attempts in the GUJCET exam for the candidates, therefore you can appear in this exam as many times as you want.
- Who Can Go for GUJCET 2020 Exam
Any candidate who has the origin of Gujarat state and wants to study the engineering or pharmacy programs from the government institutions can go for this exam.
- Can I Use the Calculator in GUJCET?
Yes, you can use a simple non-scientific calculator in this exam to resolve the several mathmatics calculations.
- Is GUJCET Necessary for the B.Sc ?
Certainly not, the exam is only mandatory for the Engineering and the Pharmacy programs of the several educational institutions in Gujarat.