Chettinad Hospital and Research Institute Kanchipuram is one of the popular medical colleges of India. It is also known as CHRI Kanchipuram. It was founded in the year 2006 and situated in Kanchipuram city of Tamilnadu. CHRI Kanchipuram is affiliated with Chettinad Academy of Research and Education. It is a deemed private university. This medical college has approval from the Medical Council of India.
CHRI Kanchipuram is famous for providing world level education with all the training facilities. But before you chose this college for medical studies know all the information related to Courses offered by CHRI Kanchipuram, fee structure, admission process, eligibility criteria, counselling process, cutoff marks and other important information related to college.
CHRI Kanchipuram Summary
|Full Name of College||Chettinad Hospital and Research Institute Kanchipuram|
|Also Known as||CHRI Kanchipuram or Chettinad Medical College Kanchipuram|
|College Type||Private College|
|Affiliated with||Chettinad Academy of Research and Education, Chettinad (Private Deemed University)|
|Approved by||Medical Council of India (MCI)|
|Types of Courses||MBBS
MD,M.ch, MS, DM
|Official Website of College||http://chettinadhealthcity.com|
|Hostels||Separate for Boys and Girls|
|Admission Exam||NEET UG 2020|
|Campus Size||33 Acres|
Infrastructure of CHRI Kanchipuram
This medical college has a beautiful infrastructure and an eco-friendly campus. Teachers are so experienced and completely focused to enhance student’s knowledge like world level. Students and teacher ratio is healthy, it means students will have more chances to get solution by the teachers during classroom. Apart from this, a fixed number of seats in every branch available in Chettinad Hospital and Research Institute Kanchipuram. So, students can get admission after fulfilling the CHRI Kanchipuram admission eligibility criteria.
Chettinad Hospital and Research Institute Kanchipuram Courses
CHRI Kanchipuram Undergraduate Courses
Students who want to get admission in MBBS courses then they need to apply and pass the NEET UG 2020. The course duration is 4.5 years excluding 1-year internship from a hospital. 150 Students can get admission in an academic session.
|Undergraduate Course||Intake||Course duration|
|MBBS (Bachelors in Medicine and Bachelors in Surgery)||150||5.5 Years including one-year training or internship (Mandatory)|
CHRI Kanchipuram Post Graduate Courses
|PG Courses||Intake||Duration||Approval from|
|MD in Anatomy||40||3 Years||MCI|
|MD in Physiology||40||3 years||MCI|
|MD in Biochemistry||40||3 Years||MCI|
|MD in Microbiology||40||3 years||MCI|
|MD in Pharmacology||40||3 years||MCI|
|MD in Pathology||40||3 years||MCI|
|MD in Community Medicine||40||3 years||MCI|
|MD in General Medicine||40||3 Years||MCI|
|MD in Anesthesiology||40||3 years||MCI|
|MD in Dermatology, Venerology and Leprosy||40||3 Years||MCI|
|MD in Respiratory Medicine||40||3 years||MCI|
|MD in Paediatrics||40||3 years||MCI|
|MD in Psychiatry||40||3 years||MCI|
|MD in Radio-diagnosis||40||3 years||MCI|
|MS in Otorhinolaryngology||8||3 Years||MCI|
|MS in Orthopedics||8||3 years||MCI|
|MS in Ophthalmology||8||3 years||MCI|
|MS in General Surgery||8||3 years||MCI|
|MS in Obstetrics and Gynecology||8||3 years||MCI|
|DM / M.Ch in Courses||4||3 years||MCI|
|DM Cardiology||6||3 years||MCI|
|DM Neurology||6||3 years||MCI|
|DM Neonatology||6||3 Years||MCI|
|M.Ch in Cardio Vascular & Thoracic Surgery||4||3 years||MCI|
|M.Ch in Neuro Surgery||4||3 years||MCI|
|M.Ch in Urology||4||3 years||MCI|
|DM in Medical Gastroenterology||6||3 years||MCI|
Chettinad Hospital and Research Institute CHRI Kanchipuram Fee Structure
CHRI Kanchipuram MBBS Fees
|MBBS (Year)||Fee Structure|
|1st Year||2,200,000 INR|
|2nd Year||2,200,000 INR|
|3rd Year||2,200,000 INR|
|4th Year||2,200,000 INR|
|5th Year||2,200,000 INR|
|Total MBBS fee||11,000,000 INR|
|For NRI students||50,000 US dollar/ year|
At the time of admission students need to pay one-year tuition fee 2,200,000 INR, 10,000 INR as security deposit and 1,21,000 INR for laptop, Uniform, university registration fee and other fees. Students who want to accommodate in hostel need to pay the fee separately.
CHRI Kanchipuram PG courses fees
|PG Courses||Annual Fee|
|MD in Anatomy||18,50,000 INR|
|MD in Physiology||18,50,000 INR|
|MD in Biochemistry||18,50,000 INR|
|MD in Microbiology||18,50,000 INR|
|MD in Pharmacology||18,50,000 INR|
|MD in Pathology||18,50,000 INR|
|MD in Community Medicine||18,50,000 INR|
|MD in General Medicine||18,50,000 INR|
|MD in Anesthesiology||18,50,000 INR|
|MD in Dermatology, Venerology and Leprosy||18,50,000 INR|
|MD in Respiratory Medicine||18,50,000 INR|
|MD in Paediatrics||18,50,000 INR|
|MD in Psychiatry||18,50,000 INR|
|MD in Radio-diagnosis||18,50,000 INR|
|MS in Otorhinolaryngology||20,00,000 INR|
|MS in Orthopedics||20,00,000 INR|
|MS in Ophthalmology||20,00,000 INR|
|MS in General Surgery||20,00,000 INR|
|MS in Obstetrics and Gynecology||20,00,000 INR|
Scholarship Programs in Chettinad Hospital and Research Institute Kanchipuram
Students who are brilliant may get a scholarship on the basic of academic performance in the beginning of the academic session. Also, those students who are not strong economically may get a scholarship in the form of fee concession. All the decision will be made by the administration of CHRI Kanchipuram. They can provide scholarship to whoever they want.
- Poor students can get fee concession or financial support
- Brilliant students can get financial award on the basis of academics performance
- Students may get scholarship under the schemes running by the state or Central government.
Chettinad Hospital and Research Institute CHRI Kanchipuram Admission 2020
Chettinad Hospital and Research Institute CHRI Kanchipuram admission will be invited by the NEET exams 2020. Students who want to get enrol in courses offered by the CHRI Kanchipuram, need to fulfill the admission eligibility criteria. They just need to apply for NEET exam and score equal or more then NEET exam cutoff. Standard of college for admission it depends on the marks obtained by the students.
Under Graduate Courses
MBBS Aspirants need to follow the admission process of the college.
- First, they need to fulfil the admission eligibility criteria
- After that, they need to submit the NEET UG form.
- In the next step, they need to appear for the exam and pass with good score.
- After counselling, you will be allotted an MBBS seat in a College.
- Now you need to appear at a college campus with the required document in the deadline
Post Graduate Courses
- After Completing the MBBS degree, the next step is to pursue a PG course
- Students need to apply for NEET-UG exam
- Appear in the exam and pass the exam with equal or more marks than NEET PG cutoff
- Counselling process will be start after results announcement
- Students will get a medical seat according to their score in the exam
- Luckily, if a student got the seat then he/she need to report at college campus within the given deadlines.
- Required documents are very important at the time of admission
Admission Eligibility Criteria of Chettinad Hospital and Research Institute Kanchipuram
Students who want to get enrolled in the courses offered by this university to complete the parameter mentioned below. Different eligibility for UG and PG courses. NEET exam is a part of admission eligibility, students must have to pass this exam with god score.
CHRI Kanchipuram Eligibility criteria for MBBS
Age Limit- It is really important that only those students can apply who are from a certain age group. The minimum age is 17 years and maximum age is 25 years. Students outside this group are not eligible for MBBS admission.
Academics Qualification– Students must have 12th board qualification with 50% or above marks. Basically Biology, Physics, Chemistry should be in the subject list of the candidate. However, students from SC/ST/OBC category are eligible if they scored 40% or more in 12the exam from CBSE, ICSE or state board exam.
NEET UG 2020 Exam- Next step is that students must apply for the NEET UG 2020 exam. They must pass the exam with a good score. Students must obtain equal or more marks than cut off marks to get admission.
CHRI Kanchipuram Postgraduate eligibility
A Valid MBBS Degree from MCI approved college– Only MBBS qualified students can apply for PG admission in CHRI Kanchipuram. The degree should be from an MCI approved medical colleges in India.
One Year of Internship/Training from authorized Hospital- Students must have a training certificate of a fixed duration (one year) from a valid and affiliated hospital by the government.
Chettinad Hospital and Research Institute CHRI Kanchipuram cutoff
Cutoff mark is the minimum marks to get admission in any college. It helps the selection board to choose which candidate deserves the seat or not. Merit list will be designed on the cutoff basis.
CHRI Kanchipuram NEET UG Cutoff expected
- MBBS Aspirants must obtain the Minimum marks according to the NEET UG cutoff. There is no any other way to get admission in CHRI Kanchipuram.
- General Category students must obtain at least 50% marks in NEET UG exam
- SC/ST/OBC Candidates are eligible if they obtain 40% marks in NEET UG exam
|Category||Qualifying Percentile||Cutoff scores|
CHRI Kanchipuram Post Graduate Cutoff Marks
|Persons with Disability||317||39th Percentile||291|
Chettinad Hospital and Research Institute CHRI Kanchipuram Counselling Process
Counselling is a very important step in Medical Exam. Students need to register for the counselling by online method. They need to visit the official website of the conducting body of the exam.
- Candidate Registration- Visit the official website and do registration on it for counselling.
- Choice Filling- Students can choose their choice for the college and lock-in according to their preferences.
- Seat Allotment- Deserving students will get a seat in first round of seat allotment
- Reporting at college- Those who got a seat in first round need will be asked to report at college campus within the given deadlines. They need to carry the required document and seat allotment letter.
- Registration for the second round- Students who have not got a seat in the first round, need to register again for the second round
- Choice filling for a second-round- Students can choose their choices from the vacant seats after the first round.
- Reporting at college campus– Students who got seats now have to report at a college campus with required documents. Keep in mind, you cannot vacate the seat according to the orders of the supreme court of India.
Post Graduate Counselling
The post-graduation counselling is pretty similar to NEET UG counselling. There are some changes also, so here is the total planning for NEET PG counselling 2020.
- Registration- Students need to register on the official website of Medical Council Committee that is mcc.nic.in, Don’t forget to download it.
- Choice filling- Students can choose the course and college according to their preferences.
- Seat allotment- Students can download the seat allotment letter once they get a seat in first round of seat allotment.
- Admission- Students who got a seat in the first round of seat allotment, will be asked to report at a college campus with required document and seat allotment letter within the given deadlines.
- Second round of seat allotment- Students who not get any seat in the first round now need to register again. Download the copy of registration certificate.
- Choice filling (second round)- Students can choose courses of their choices from the vacant seats
- Seat allotment of second-round- Deserving candidates will get a seat on the basis of their marks in NEET PG exam.
- Admission process- Students who want admission need to report at college under deadlines with all documents and seat allotment letter. Also, you cannot leave your seat according to the orders of honorable Supreme Court of India.
CHRI Kanchipuram Required Documents for MBBS Admission
- Admit Card of NEET UG exam
- Results or Scorecard of NEET UG exam
- Class 10th mark sheet
- Class 12th mark sheet
- Birth Certificate of the candidate
- Photo Id Card issued by the government (Could be anything, Aadhar Card, PAN Card etc)
- 8 Passport size photo (Recent)
- Seat allotment Letter (Candidates can download it after seat allotment results)
- Caste Certificate (If required)
- Physical disabled Certificate (if Required)
CHRI Kanchipuram For Post Graduation Admission
- MBBS Degree or Certificate
- MBBS 3rd part Mark sheet
- Registration Certificate of Medical Council of India or State Medical Council
- Photo ID card issued by the government (Driving Licenses, Aadhar Card or any other)
- NEET PG Admit Card and Score Card
- Copy of Counselling Reiteration Certificate done online by the Medical Council Committee’s official website
- Recent passport-sized photograph (At least 8)
Hostel life in Chettinad Hospital and Research Institute Kanchipuram
Students who want to accommodate in Chettinad Hospital and Research Institute Kanchipuram’s Hostel need to pay 1,80,000 INR to 3,15,000 INR annually as CHIT Kanchipuram Hostel Fee. Here is the types of room available in this medical college.
|Types Of Accommodation||Annual Fee|
|Single Bed A/C – Bath Attached||3,15,000 INR|
|Double Bed A/C – Bath Attached||2,55,000 INR|
|Single Bed Non-A/C – Bath Attached||2,40,000 INR|
|Double Bed Non-A/C – Bath Attached||2,17,000 INR|
|Double Bed A/C Non-Bath||2,10,000 INR|
|Triple Bed A/C Non-Bath||1,95,000 INR|
|Triple Bed Non – A/C – Non-Bath||1,80,000 INR|
Facilities available inside the campus for students
- Well developed Library
- AC Auditorium
- Cafeteria and Mess
- Separate facilities for boys and girls
- Medical Facilities
- Smart Classroom
- Anti-ragging campus
- Student Cell
CHRI Kanchipuram Frequently asked Question
Ques. What is the total MBBS Fee in CHRI Kanchipuram?
Ans Students need to pay around 11,000,000 as total fee of MBBS course. Hostel fee will be paid separately.
Ques. What is the eligibility to get admission in MD courses?
Ans Students must have an MBBS degree from an Institution approved by the Medical Council of India.
Ques. How’s the Hostel Life of CHRI Kanchipuram?
Ans Students can accommodate in the hostel of Chettinad Hospital and Research Institute Kanchipuram. Hostel fee is not expensive much. Students usually go to the library, gym and Sports activities. Also, fun activities organized by the administration from time to time.
Ques. Can I pursue any PG courses in CHRI Kanchipuram after pursuing my MBBS from outside India?
Ans. If you have passed the MBBS exam from MCI approved medical college then you can get admission here. All you need to do is pass the screening test organized by the Medical Council of India. Then your medical degree will be valid in India. After that, students need to apply and pass the NEET PG exam and score equal to cut off marks.