Birla Institute of Technology and Science Pilani
Birla Institute of Technology and Science Pilani, BITS Pilani is a college all-India. Late Mr G.D Birla, a leading industrialist, participant in the fight for Indian independence, late Mr Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi (Mahatma Gandhi), a close associate with the Indian Nation’s Dad, is a vision that has been realized here today. Which started as a small school in the early 1900 s blossomed into a series of higher education colleges, spanning from sciences to technology until 1964 when all these colleges combined into a single Indian University of International status. Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani, known to many as BITS, Pilani, christened this university.
Direct Admission Enquiry Form
Over the years, admitted on the basis of merit, BITS has offered the highest quality technical education for students from across India. The students can be found in all fields of manufacturing, research and business around the globe. BITS symbolizes the maturation of Indian technical capacity and entrepreneurial “can – do” spirit, particularly as derived from the private sector.
BITS is situated on campus Vidya Vihar adjacent to Rajasthan’s town of Pilani. Pilani is the Birla family’s hometown and has about 50,000 inhabitants. It is roughly 200 km west of Delhi and approximately 220 km north of Jaipur. The BITS Campus of about 328 acres is made up of buildings, hostels and residential quarters for staff with neatly laid out roads, lawns and gardens.
BITSAT is administered by the BITS-Pilani specifically for B.E (Hons.) shortlisting candidates. It is a computer-based online examination in which candidates have to sit at the exam center in front of a computer connected to a server. The nature of the BITSAT questions is in the form of multiple choices and is shown on the computer’s screen. Among the given options, the candidate must mark the correct answer. A total of 150 questions with a maximum of 486 marks are to be completed without a break in a total of 3 hours. Each correct answer marked by the candidate gets + 3 marks and each incorrect answer marked by cost -1 mark of the candidate. There is no marking of any candidate’s skipped question.
Online BITSAT 2017 will deliver admissions to more than 2,000 B.E. (Excellencies) rows. The 2017 Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Assessment (BITSAT) will be carried out by the Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) from 16 to 30 May 2017. It is being performed at the three campuses of the college in Pilani, Goa, and Hyderabad for admissions to Unified First Degree Engineering Programs.
Birla Institute of Technology and Science Pilani Ranking
Generally the 3 BITS campuses are listed as: Pilani, Goa, and Hyderabad. This has a lot to do with each campus ‘ age (the oldest is Pilani and the newest is Hyderabad). Nevertheless, BITS Hyderabad does not have a different score, but instead the BITS organization as a whole is granted a specific rating. They obtained the 16th position according to the 2017 NIRF (National Institutional Ranking Framework) rankings.
Birla Institute of Technology and Science Pilani Fees Structure
Birla Institute of Technology and Science Pilani Courses:
In First Degree,
With physics, chemistry and mathematics, the normal input is 10 + 2. The programs offered include seven Professional courses, five Integrated MSc courses. Courses and 3 comprehensive MSc. Tech. courses. Under the Dual Degree Scheme, some meritorious students may choose to do more than one degree program.
In Higher Degree,
The generic input is or equivalent to First Degree from BITS. There are 14 Masters of Engineering Programs, M. Pharmacy, MPH, and MBA degree programs available.
First Degree Programs:
- B.E. (HONS) CHEMICAL ENGINEERING
- B.E. (HONS) CIVIL ENGINEERING
- B.E. (HONS) COMPUTER SCIENCE
- B.E. (HONS) ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
- B.E. (HONS) ELECTRONICS AND INSTRUMENTATION ENGINEERING
- B.E. (HONS) MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
- B.E. (HONS) MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING
- B PHARM
- First Degree Integrated M.Sc. Programs
- MSc. (HONS) BIOLOGY
- MSc. (HONS) CHEMISTRY
- MSc. (HONS) ECONOMICS
- MSc. (HONS) MATHEMATICS
- MSc. (HONS) PHYSICS
- First Degree Integrated M.Sc. Tech. Programs
- MSc TECH GENERAL STUDIES
- MSc TECH FINANCE
- Higher Degree Programs
- M.E. CIVIL, STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING
- M.E. CIVIL, TRANSPORTATION ENGINEERING
- M.E. CHEMICAL ENGINEERING
- M.E. COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING
- M.E. MICROELECTRONICS
- M.E. EMBEDDED SYSTEMS
- M.E. COMPUTER SCIENCE
- M.E. SOFTWARE SYSTEMS
- M.E. MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
- M.E. DESIGN ENGINEERING
- M.E. MANUFACTURING SYSTEMS
- PHARMACY, PHARMACEUTICS
- PHARMACY, PHARMACEUTICAL CHEMISTRY
Birla Institute of Technology and Science Pilani Required Documents
Documentation Needed for Bits University Admission: At the time of the BITSAT 2020 admission process, all successful applicants were required to carry the following documents Of verification purposes only, applicants may carry all the original documents together with the approved photocopy of the correct report.
- Class 10 Mark Sheet
- Class 12 Mark Sheet
- BITSAT Score Card
- BITSAT 2020 Counselling Letter
- Passport Size Colored Photograph
- Residence Proof
- Photo ID Proof
Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates should have completed a category 12 review 10 + 2 program from or similar to a recognized Central or State Council.
- A total average of 75% in PCM / PCB and at least 60% in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics / Biology must be achieved.
- Where an applicant has made more than one eligible review attempt, only his / her latest success shall be considered, providing that this attempt has been recommended for the maximum portion of subjects / courses.
- Applicants should have appropriate English skills.
The BITSAT (Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test) is an online test that took place in May over a course of two weeks. Physics, Physics, Economics, English and Logical Reasoning are the topics studied. It’s a 3-hour test of 150 questions in all. A + 3,-1 scoring system (+ 3 points for each correct answer, 1 point punishment for each wrong answer).
The questions breakup are as follows:
If an applicant addresses all questions within 3 hours, 12 additional questions (4 each from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) will be given to him / her. A nominee will therefore have a ranking of more than 450 technically (150 questions of 3 points each).
BITS University also provides direct access to the system of their selection to the members of the federal and state boards. PCM applicants may apply for engineering programs, while PCB applicants may apply for B.Pharm.
The following are the programmes offered at BITS Hyderabad:
- B.E Chemical
- B.E Civil
- B.E Computer Science
- B.E Electronics and Communications
- B.E Electronics and Instrumentation
- B.E Mechanical
- B.E Manufacturing
- M.Sc Biological Sciences
- M.Sc Chemistry
- M.Sc Economics
- M.Sc Mathematics
- M.Sc Physics
- BITS is a private university and does not have any kind of reservation. Admission is merit-based and relies on the candidates ‘ success in the BITSAT and their respective board exams (a minimum score is required in the 12th standard board exam) to apply.
Birla Institute of Technology and Science Pilani Advantages
- The layout of the course is flexible and varies if needed.
- Private college programs were reorganized more rapidly.
- Example – Students are still studying engineering illustration in IITs while Bits doing graphics in engineering.
- Better food and lodging services.
Birla Institute of Technology and Science Pilani Hostel life
- The Institute is fully residential and all students are provided with accommodation in the hostel.
- Permission to become a day school student can only be given under exceptional circumstances where Pilani residents are the guardians of the applicant or close relatives.
- There are 11 boys ‘ hostels and one girls ‘ hostel complex. The rooms of the hostel are fully equipped.
- Common room services are accessible in each hostel, including cable TV and mobile.
- Internet connectivity in all the rooms of the hostel has been given.
- All the hostels have solar water heating systems. For each set of two boys ‘ hostels, there is a common kitchen cum mess system.
- Nevertheless, the girls ‘ hostel has its own independent mess, found within the hostel’s boundaries.
- Getting their meals in the Hostel Messes is mandatory for students living in the hostel.
- Students were thoroughly handling the messes connected to the hostels.
The environment of the college:
BITS Hyderabad has one of India’s most stunning university campuses. To become the biggest BITS campus, this is expected. Yet one downside is the gap from Hyderabad-27 km’s main city.
The BITS Pilani campus in Hyderabad has been fitted with the latest technology that is expressed in the labs, classes, and hostels. From the first year on, all hostels are single occupancy. These are provided with other essential facilities such as 24 wireless internet connection, TVs, TT desks, chess boards, etc. There are six boys hostels and two girls hostels.
Also the campus has other important facilities such as sporting grounds (football, basketball, etc.), a branch, hospital, technology lab, etc.
What is the entrance gateway?
Unlike most of the country’s other engineering colleges, BITS Hyderabad admission is not through JEE Mains or Advanced. Alternatively, for entry to the 4 campuses–Pilani, Goa, Hyderabad and Dubai, an assessment called the BITSAT is carried out.
Birla Institute of Technology and Science Experience of the Past Alumni:
Students at In Bits University have learned how to be effective. It was a demanding world, and they found, within themselves, an ability that they had not previously considered, growing to meet their needs. It brought them faith in what they saw as a somewhat untraditional career path to follow and excel. Partnerships with practitioners and trainees from all over the world have become enduring friendships and creative professional partnerships.