Aarupadai Veedu Medical College Pondicherry is also known as AVMC Pondicherry. It was founded in the year 2000 and situated in the urban area of Pondicherry. AVMC is one of the finest and primer private medical colleges in India. This medical college is affiliated with Vinayaka Missions University, Salem and has approval from the Medical Council of India. Vinayaka Missions University is a private deemed university. But before students choose this college for medical college they should know about the AVMC courses, fee structure, admission eligibility criteria, admission process, hostel facilities and infrastructure of the Aarupadai Veedu Medical College.
[formidable id=”1″ title=”1″]
AVMC Pondicherry Summary
|Full Name of Medical College||Aarupadai Veedu Medical College Pondicherry|
|Also Known as||AVMC Pondicherry|
|College Type||Private College|
|Affiliated with||Vinayaka Mission University, Salem (Deemed)|
|Approved by||Medical Council of India (MCI)|
|Types of Courses||MBBS
|Official Website of College||https://www.avmc.edu.in|
|Hostels||Separate for Boys and Girls|
|Admission Exam||NEET UG and NEET PG 2020|
|Campus Size||50+ Acres|
About Aarupadai Veedu Medical College Pondicherry Infrastructure and Study Atmosphere
Aarupadai Veedu Medical College Pondicherry has a dynamic infrastructure and an experienced team of teachers. They are totally dedicated to provide students world class education so that they can prepare for their future. The Infrastructure of this college is impressive. It has all the facilities and an eco friendly campus with positive atmosphere for study. Also, the non teaching staffs of AVMC Pondicherry, are humble and supportive with students studying here.
Aarupadai Veedu Medical College Pondicherry Courses
Undergraduate Courses in Aarupadai Veedu Medical College Pondicherry
Aarupadai Veedu Medical College Pondicherry offers an MBBS course and the duration of the courses is 5.6 Years. This time duration includes a training duration of one year. Training and theoretical knowledge, both are being taught by the teachers of AVMC Pondicherry. 100 students can get enrolled in a study session of MBBS. Students who want to get enrolled in this college need to fulfill the admission eligibility criteria of AVMC Pondicherry.
|Undergraduate Course||Intake||Course duration|
|MBBS (Bachelors in Medicine and Bachelors in Surgery)||100||5.5 Years including one year training or internship (Mandatory)|
Post graduate Courses in Aarupadai Veedu Medical College Pondicherry
Aarupadai Veedu Medical College of Pondicherry offers various types of Postgraduate courses and quality of education.
|MD in Biochemistry||2||3 Years|
|MD in General Medicine||5||3 Years|
|MD in Microbiology||4||3 Years|
|MD in Obstetrics & Gynaecology||4||3 Years|
|MD in Pediatrics||6||3 Years|
|MD in Radio-Diagnosis||3||3 Years|
|MD in Dermatology, venereology & leprosy||3||3 Years|
|MD in Anatomy||3||3 Years|
|MD in Psychiatry||3||3 Years|
|MS in ENT||3||3 Years|
|MS in General Surgery||5||3 Years|
|MS in Orthopedics||5||3 Years|
Fee structure of Aarupadai Veedu Medical College Pondicherry
Total MBBF fee in Aarupadai Veedu Medical College Pondicherry
|MBBS (Year)||Fee Structure|
|1st Year||2,009,000 INR|
|2nd Year||1,995,000 INR|
|3rd Year||1,995,000 INR|
|4th Year||1,995,000 INR|
|5th Year||1,995,000 INR|
|Total MBBS fee in AVMC Pondicherry||9,989,000 INR|
PG Fee Structure of Aarupadai Veedu Medical College Pondicherry
|MD in Biochemistry||43,00,000 INR|
|MD in General Medicine||43,00,000 INR|
|MD in Microbiology||43,00,000 INR|
|MD in Obstetrics & Gynaecology||45,00,000 INR|
|MD in Pediatrics||43,00,000 INR|
|MD in Radio-Diagnosis||44,00,000 INR|
|MD in Dermatology, venereology & leprosy||48,00,000 INR|
|MD in Anatomy||43,00,000 INR|
|MD in Psychiatry||43,00,000 INR|
|MS in ENT||25,00,000 INR|
|MS in General Surgery||38,00,000 INR|
|MS in Orthopedics||45,00,000 INR|
Aarupadai Veedu Medical College Pondicherry Scholarship
Talented students may get scholarship by Aarupadai Veeedu Medical College Pondicherry. Also, students who are poor may get fee concession in the form of scholarship. Students will get scholarship in the beginning of academic year. Here are the categories for scholarship program in AVMC Pondicherry
- Scholarship for Brilliant students
- Scholarship for poor students
- Fee concession
- State/central scholarship programs
It is up to the medical college administration that which candidate will get scholarship.
Aarupadai Veedu Medical College Pondicherry Ranking
The quality of education offered by this medical college is national level, also the infrastructure is pretty impressive of Aarupadai Veedu Medical College. According to the NIRF ranking, AVMC holds 17th place in the list of top medical college in India (2019).
Aarupadai Veedu Medical College Pondicherry Admission 2020
Those Students who are looking for admission in AVMC need to follow the process of admission in different courses offered by the AVMC Pondicherry. MBBS, PG in Medicine are in the top courses in AVMC. Students who want to get admission, need to fulfill the admission eligibility criteria of different courses.
For MBBS Courses
- Students need to apply for NEET UG 2020 exam
- Now pay the fee of application of NEET UG 2020. And take printout as hard copy
- Also, pass the NEET UG exam with a good marks, so that you get seat in first round of seat allotment
- Aspirants need to register themselves on the official website for NEET UG 2020 Counselling
- Pay the fee of Counselling and take printout in hard copy.
- Candidates need to apply for NEET PG 2020 exam
- Pay the fee of that exam and take hard copy printout of fee payment
- Pass the exam with good score in NEET PG 2020 So that you get seat in first round of seat allotment
- Next step is to register them (Students) on the official website of Medical Council Committee (MCC) for NEET PG counseling 2020
- Pay the fee of counseling by online method (Net banking, Credit Card or debit card) and take a receipt from printout.
Admission Eligibility Criteria of Aarupadai Veedu Medical College Pondicherry
Students who want to get Admission in AVMC Pondicherry must need to fulfill the admission eligibility Criteria of the college. Also, they need to apply for NEET exam and pass with the good score. Students will get seat in first round of seat allotment if he/she obtained good score in the exam. Eligibility criteria for MBBS
Academics Qualification– MBBS Candidates must passed the 12th exam from a valid board like CBSE, ICSE, and state board exam with 50% or more marks. Students from SC/ST/OBC category are eligible if they have 40% marks in 12th board exam. Students who have completed the 12th exam from open schooling are not eligible for admission. Physics, Chemistry and Biology should be main subjects in 12th board.
Age Limit- Students must have completed 17 years age and lower than 25 year age. Candidates should be 17+ at the end of admission year and not completed the 25 years.
NEET UG 2020 Exam- NEET UG 2020 exam is one of the admission eligibility criteria for MBBS admission in AVMC Pondicherry. This exam is the main and only entrance exam for MBBS admission in any college.
For Post graduate Admission
An MBBS Degree – Students must have a degree of MBBS from an MCI approved medical college. It is the most important eligibility for PG admission in any medical college in India.
One Year of Internship/Training- Students must have a certificate of one year of Internship from a valid and affiliated hospital.
Age Limit- As there is no age limit to apply for NEET PG exam, students can apply for NEET PG exam at any age.
AVMC Pondicherry Cutoff Marks
It is important for admission in AVMC that students must have equal or above marks than cutoff in NEET exam 2020. Cutoff marks is basically is scale to test students for admission in any college. Students must apply and have good score in NEET Exam 2020.
MBBS Cutoff Marks
- They need to apply for NEET UG 2020 exam and score good in NEET UG exam to get better seat according to their choice
- General category students need to score at least 50th percentile and SC/ST/OBC category students must have 40th percentile or more in NEET UG exam.
|Category of students||Qualifying Percentile||Cutoff scores|
|General (physical Handicapped)||45th Percentile||133-120|
|OBC/SC/ST (physical Handicapped)||40th Percentile||133-107|
A wide range of Post Graduate courses offered by AVMC Pondicherry. PG admission in This medical college is invited only when students obtained the cutoff marks. Students need to apply and pass the NEET PG Exam 2020. General category students must have 50th percentile or more to get pg admission seat. As good marks they will have in NEET PG exam, it increase the chance to get seat in first round of seat allotment.
NEET PG cutoff of last Year
|Category||Qualify Criteria||Cut-off (Required)||Revised qualifying criteria||Revised cutoff|
|General||50th Percentile||340||44th Percentile||313|
|Persons with Disability (UR)||45th Percentile||317||39th Percentile||291|
|SC/ST/OBC||40th Percentile||295||34th Percentile||270|
Counselling Process for Aarupadai Veedu Medical College Pondicherry
Online counselling process will start right after the results announcement of NEET exam by the conducting body of the exam. Students need to register themselves on the official website for NEET UG counselling. Keep in mind that, NEET PG counselling and NEET UG Counselling are different things. through Different websites both registration will take place.
For Undergraduate Counselling
- Register online- Students need to register themselves on the official website for NEET UG counselling 2020. Students who need to get admission in AVMC Pondicherry.
- Choice Selection- Students need to choose the course and college according to your preferences.
- Seat allotment- Students who scored well and more than cutoff marks then it’s possible that you get seat in first round of seat allotment
- Reporting and admission- Students who got seat in first round of seat allotment then they need to report at college campus within the given deadlines. Also, they need to present the required documents at the time of admission.
- Second Round registration- Students who did not get seat in first round of seat allotment, need to register for second round by online process
- Choice Filling for second round- During registration students can choose the desired course and college choice. Authorities will offer you seat if vacant.
- Second Round of seat allotment- Desired students can get seats in second round of seat allotment.
- Admission process for Final Round- Students who got seat after final round of seat allotment need to present at the college campus within the given deadlines with required documents for admission.
Post Graduate Counselling
- Registration online- Students are required to register themselves on the official website of Medical Council Committee for NEET PG counselling by online method.
- Choice Feeling- Students can choose their choice related to course and college for counselling according to their preferences
- Seat allotment for First Round- Those students who have good marks in the comparison of NEET PG Cutoff will get seat in First round of seat allotment
- Admission and Reporting at college- Students who got seat in first round of seat allotment and want admission then they need to report at college campus with the required documents for admission. Only after that they can proceed for PG admission formalities.
- Second round registration- Those students who do not get seat in first round of seat allotment. Then they need to register themselves on the official website of Medical council Committee
- Second round choice filling- Students can choose the courses and college according to their choice preferences and vacant seats
- Second round of Seat allotment- Student may get seat according to their choices on the basis of their marks.
- Admission and reporting at college- At the final step, students who got seat in second round of seat allotment will be asked to report at college campus with the required documents for admission Process in the given deadlines.
Required documents for UG admission In Aarupadai Veedu Medical College Pondicherry
Mark sheets of School board exams (10th and 12th) from ICSE, CBSE or state board (valid Board).
- Admit card of NEET UG exam 2020
- Scorecard of NEET PG 2020
- Birth certificate of the Candidate
- Photo Id Card issued by Government (Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Driving License etc)
- Recent passport Size Photographs, at least 8 Copies (Colored)
- Caste Certificate (if Required)
Required Documents for PG admission in Aarupadai Veedu Medical College Pondicherry
- MBBS Certificate from a Valid Medical College that have approval from the Medical Council of India
- Certificate from Medical Council of India
- Training certificate from an affiliate institution
- Copy of online counseling certification
- Photo Identity Card issued by govt. (Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Driving License etc)
- Recent passport Size Photographs (at least 8)
- NEET PG 2020 Score Card and Admit Card
- Caste Certificate (if Required)
- Birth Certificate of PG candidate
Hostel fee in Aarupadai Veedu Medical College Pondicherry
Students must pay around 10,000 INR as hostel fee. This fee excluding the mess charges and security fee. However, the security money will be paid only one time and its refundable.
|Hostel Accommodation||For Boys and Girls (Separate)|
|Fees||10,000 INR monthly|
|Room type||Sharing or private rooms|
Facilities and amenities inside the campus
- Separate Facilities for Boys and Girls
- Medical Facilities
- AC auditorium
- Wi-fi Campus
- 24 hrs security
- CCTV cameras
- Computer Labs
- Sports and Games facilities
- Cafeteria And Mess
- Anti Raging Campus
- Mess and cafeteria